long term cup car replica

Toi gulp

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well the time has come to depart with the Lupo, much unfortunately.

i have myself a new job and with it more money so time to climb the power tree, if i could keep the lupo and buy another car i would but unfortunately that aint possible.

so keep an eye out for a GTi with white o.z. wheels in the cheshire area.........will be truly sorry to see it go!

Ah shame mate is a nice lupo :( i kinda miss mine sometimes, deffo the mpg haha

What you planning on getting instead ???

Edited by SiiMo

Ah shame mate is a nice lupo :( i kinda miss mine sometimes, deffo the mpg haha

What you planning on getting instead ???

Funnily enough your car, lol.....put a deposit down on a nice tidy 24k example and picking it up this weekend if all goes to plan...

what should i be aware of in the cupra world??

Funnily enough your car, lol.....put a deposit down on a nice tidy 24k example and picking it up this weekend if all goes to plan...

what should i be aware of in the cupra world??

lol good choice :) any mods on it yet or you tunning it up ?

So far no problems with mine at all mate :) not sure what the common problems are really, seatcupra.net is a very good site.

You will miss the GTi's headlights :(

lol good choice :) any mods on it yet or you tunning it up ?

So far no problems with mine at all mate :) not sure what the common problems are really, seatcupra.net is a very good site.

You will miss the GTi's headlights :(

just thinking about a re-map for now and some better tyres and new pads thats all....

yeah i'll miss the power of the xenons but i wont miss their stupid tempermental fussy PMT attitude lol

do you have the brembo brakes....how do you rate them?

just thinking about a re-map for now and some better tyres and new pads thats all....

yeah i'll miss the power of the xenons but i wont miss their stupid tempermental fussy PMT attitude lol

do you have the brembo brakes....how do you rate them?

I haven't got the brembo brakes, Mine has 4pot AP racing Callipers with 312mm discs, i think they are the standard setup

Very happy with these tho works great on the road and no fading on the nurburgring :)

Edited by SiiMo

Umm, was all the previous owner looking at the paperwork its had...

Stage 2 remap £295 - p.torque.co.uk

plus i think you need these parts with the remap,

Milltek hi-flow turbo-back exhaust - £338

Forge silicone turbo intake pipe -

Forge 007P closed loop diverter valve - £99

well its official, finance has gone through, so as of saturday i'll be enjoying a 50bhp power hike, shame the ibiza wont handle as well as the lupo but that will be resolved

i bet your ibiza has a sub 7 seconds 0-60 time then Siimo.... have u done owt to the suspension?

Good news :) bet looking forward to that..

Standard shocks and springs, but its got a rear arb fitted and front strut brace handles better than my lupo without the harsh ride of coilovers :)

Well my mk3 ibiza was 205 bhp and that timed 6.2 at a show, would guess this is a bit faster with the extra 35bhp.... not alot tho as its alot harder to get the power down lol

Edited by SiiMo

IMO its handles well yeah :) rear arb is a Whiteline adjustable for a polo 9n mk4 02-06

Yeah that's my video :) not a fast lap but wasn't up for wreaking my car lol :)

This is how the camera was mounted, bought a new fog light and took to bits :)

6771_126179171915_605996915_2911358_4517032_n.jpg

6771_126179166915_605996915_2911357_846546_n.jpg

6771_126179176915_605996915_2911359_288854_n.jpg

Bullet camera, wired upto an archos dvr :) plus a small camera on the rear seat for the internal video

Edited by SiiMo

thats a really gud video, ive got a bullet camera, (shame the camera doesnt seem to hold charge for long) and ive got a couple of videos of the lupo with camera mounted on the sill behind the front wheel. the quality aint great and all you get is wind noise.

i take it the microphone on your cam is obviously in the car? how many laps did you do?

you got any cool pictures of your cupra (stupid question i know)

Edited by Toi gulp

thats a really gud video, ive got a bullet camera, (shame the camera doesnt seem to hold charge for long) and ive got a couple of videos of the lupo with camera mounted on the sill behind the front wheel. the quality aint great and all you get is wind noise.

i take it the microphone on your cam is obviously in the car? how many laps did you do?

no way of running it off the car cigarette lighter then ? Are they on youtube too ?

yeah the mic is seperate and was mounted in the car on the door pillar all runs off the cigarette lighter, ummm think i ended up doing 5, of of them in the wet not much fun too slippery...

er, possibly, but the car charger requires the battery to be seperated from the camera, if i can hot wire an adaptor straight to the camera that may work...lets have a look.....so what do you think is the best part of the cupra?

ive tried uploading them to you tube and vimeo but they seem to take forever

Edited by Toi gulp

er, possibly, but the car charger requires the battery to be seperated from the camera, if i can hot wire an adaptor straight to the camera that may work...lets have a look.....so what do you think is the best part of the cupra?

ive tried uploading them to you tube and vimeo but they seem to take forever

Ah thats a pain, like you say must be a work around :) quality looks good i like the mounting place..

Umm the engine lol, brakes, suspension oh and seat's that dont destroy my back :)

ive done nothing but drive this weekend after picking it up i went to oulton park to watch a bit of racing then went to altrincham (greater manchester) then back home to liverpool then just spent the night at a freinds in Derby.

the thing that has impressed me most is how good the steering is, its precise, fast and a suprising amount of feedback considering how light it is.

I've also discovered that the ABS either doesnt work or it is ridiculously lenient. (i hit the brakes at about 60 i think) and the lovely four pot callipers allowed to leave an '11' mark down the road as the wheels locked....the brakes are amazing.....even catching double takes from people in petrol stations.

it's gonna take me a little getting used to such a different driving style to the lupo as this car seems to almost be intended to be driven like a deisel as the torque is delivered in one fell lump at about 3k and the power curve seems flat from there on, but it still pulls like a train in any gear and the performance in 5th was a pleasent suprise, the torque certainly is the engines strong point. i hope to adapt to the car soon as 25mpg is gonna get expensive especially as it has an appetite for super unleaded.

as for the suspension i see absoloutley no need to modify it, its great. Not that much body roll and plenty of grip, only a track day will tell though.

ive done nothing but drive this weekend after picking it up i went to oulton park to watch a bit of racing then went to altrincham (greater manchester) then back home to liverpool then just spent the night at a freinds in Derby.

the thing that has impressed me most is how good the steering is, its precise, fast and a suprising amount of feedback considering how light it is.

I've also discovered that the ABS either doesnt work or it is ridiculously lenient. (i hit the brakes at about 60 i think) and the lovely four pot callipers allowed to leave an '11' mark down the road as the wheels locked....the brakes are amazing.....even catching double takes from people in petrol stations.

it's gonna take me a little getting used to such a different driving style to the lupo as this car seems to almost be intended to be driven like a deisel as the torque is delivered in one fell lump at about 3k and the power curve seems flat from there on, but it still pulls like a train in any gear and the performance in 5th was a pleasent suprise, the torque certainly is the engines strong point. i hope to adapt to the car soon as 25mpg is gonna get expensive especially as it has an appetite for super unleaded.

as for the suspension i see absoloutley no need to modify it, its great. Not that much body roll and plenty of grip, only a track day will tell though.

I'm surprised with the abs, don't think mine has ever locked up on the ring it felt like it was coming on to early...

The power delivery could be changed with a remap i reckon, 25mpg you must be driving it hard ;) had 36mpg today on a longer drive...

Yep ive been pretty much everywhere flat out in it, but i need to calm down now. i'm looking a revo stage 1 remap to start with, or i may just cut straight to stage 2 but undecided yet. ive got to get used to the car first. i learnt my lesson with the lupo not to modify it too much so for now i think a remap will be all thats done.

You can't have stage 2 without having an upgraded turbo back exhaust system fitted though Andy!

Come and see me on Saturday if you have time and we'll have a bit of a chat! :)

yep i'm aware of that, thanks for the pointer :)

if your open of friday (i wander) i'l pop over in the morning.Ii'm getting a little ahead of myself here, it first of all could do with some new discs and pads but most places dont seem to have the 312mm dia' disc listed (unless i search for TT i think).

but yes i want to comofortably break the 200bhp mark, i'd also like the power curve to not be so 'flat' it doesnt feel that involving driving it like a deisel.....just with a longer power band lol.