Service INSP/Service Miles

I've had this up on the display in the lupo for weeks now, despite it having a full service about 3 weeks ago. If it doesn't display SERVICE INSP it displays 'service' and then miles. I've tried following the steps in the handbook to reset/turn off the warning but it doesn't seem to work. It resets the miles no problem! I've got no oil lights on or anything of the sort, everything's been checked over and all seems fine!

I've used the search function to try and find out how to reset it but the couple of links that Tigz posted up have been broken or are out of date. Anyone got any ideas? Any help is appreciated :)

Edited by Amber

When you first start the car it should flash 'INSP' for a minute or so and then it will return to the trip mileage with 'service' in the display. They are not 'service miles' as such, it is just your normal trip mileage but it keeps 'service' lit up in the display to remind you to get a service :).

Following the handbook has always worked for me. It seems like you have to hold the button in for ages though to get it to reset. I would try again but hold the button for longer.

Until Someone does a propper how to :

From UK-Polos.net

Key in but off

Press and hold clock button on dash 10 seconds

turn key to on positions (do not start car) and wait 10 seconds (still holding button

turn off key and release button

Start car ... indicator should be reset

If it did say servie then it might change to say oil, then just repeat and it will be reset.

Brilliant. It's sorted. I held down the button a fair bit longer than 10 seconds and it's all cleared now :)

thanks a lot for the help :D

follow steps above but not for 10secs but untill three ---'s come up

Yep. I think its longer than 10 seconds, which is why I thought it didn't work before :lol: either that or I can't count.

• 3 years later...