Car and Bike

Putney

Might have some evenings free... Will have to check the diary.... best for me is 17th,18th and 19th...

Been riding the bike to work the last few days.. It goes home tomorrow night, so will be back in the car... Car feels so slow compared to the bike.... :(

Some more detailed pics.

IMG_2164.jpg

IMG_2165.jpg

IMG_2166.jpg

IMG_2168.jpg

IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2170.jpg

Edited by Putney

• 3 weeks later...

I really like it too.. however my fairings are full carbon fiber already painted red. It would devaule the bike if i paint the fairings. I was thinking about try to get some after maket fairings and leaving that area gloss carbon. But at £500 2nd hand a side i doubt i will...

Edited by Putney

Some black and white pics... sorry old school photorgaphy....

IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

IMG_1397.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

I like very mucho! Id love a Ducati but my buget only stretched to a new Ninja600, it will do for now but i want a burble to go with my usual jap high pitched scream at 16K revs :)

the yellow 749s in the picture is now for sale for £4k.... its only got 2300 miles and loads of carbon, rear sets, clutch slave cylinder upgrade, after market levers and a terminoli exhaust!

I fitted my rear light today... a huge improvement.... its bloody bright so hopefully the car drivers will use their brakes when i am using mine! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Couple of new bits fitted....

Replaced a missing bar end weight for the 3rd time... fitted this one properly this time... Also fitted new pro- grips... these are much easier on the hand... as used by most Motogp riders....

IMG_2378.jpg

New Carbon Hugger and chain guard... It's a lot bigger than the previous one...

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

LED tail light... Much much brighter than the standard bulb and reflector...

IMG_2386.jpg

New Double bubble screen... Cuts the windblast in half... very noticeable over 100mph....Also the 3rd little tit light has gone... looks much better IMO...

IMG_2368.jpg

New tank pad... I had previously bought a carbon one which i had to cut to make it fit... it looked rather **** so i removed it and fitted this one... I would rather not have one at all but the zip on my jacket has started to damage the paint so its on there purely for protection... its grown on me a bit....

IMG_2381.jpg

Carbon sprocket cover... sent the other one from ebay back.. this one fits and replaces the plastic one... Carbon chain guard is part of the large carbon hugger... replacing the plastic one...

So the only things left to fit:

Carbon Seat unit.

Magnesium Headlight bucket

Pazzo Levers

Clutch Slave cylinder.....

IMG_2373_2.jpg

Edited by Putney

I really like it too.. however my fairings are full carbon fiber already painted red. It would devaule the bike if i paint the fairings. I was thinking about try to get some after maket fairings and leaving that area gloss carbon. But at £500 2nd hand a side i doubt i will...

have you thought about vinyl I wouldn't have thought a little strip like that would cost alot and you can always remove it when you come to sell or get sick of it

I like the bike as it is.... the carbon body work is very sexy up close... i am not too fussed about sticking vinyl sticker to make up a fake belly pan... either do it properly or not at all IMO...

No, I was thinking about it before i got the bike... but a track day is a really good way to **** a car up... If i crash the bike i am not stuck without transport... If i crashed the car i would be up **** creek for getting to work... track day insurance is very expensive and like my friend found after smashing up his lotus elise... He had to pay the first £6k of the claim... its really not worth it..... I am going to buy another bike when i get back from OZ, a little gas gas 280 to piss about on over the winter months... then next spring i will probably buy a track car with a bike engine. Nothing too flash but road legal. I keep looking out for a goody on pistonheads. ... i don't drive the s2000 that hard. I very rarely go that far into vtec these days....... its for potting around in now... After buying the bike it really doesn't feel that quick and i often just can't be arsed thrashing it.... i get lots of enjoyment having the roof down....and it has a good stereo in so listen to alot of tuneage now.... I have actually been thinking about selling it recently as the Mrs needs a car...

well when i get back from OZ it wont be long till i am fitting the hardtop.... thats my summer gone..... :(

go to oz 1st september, back 10th october... Bike and car going into storage. i can't believe how quickly this year has gone.... 5 months till xmas!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got the bike back from Ducati...

I decided to upgrade the race clutch to a ball bearing ramped ducati performance one made by Bucci.... This is a lot smoother for road use and the best clutch for the bike... I wasn't really getting on with the old slipper clutch so will be putting that on ebay... along with a few other bits....

Fitted new front and rear brake pads.. These were low after my track day.....

New clutch Slave cylinder fitted.. Clutch is a lot lighter now.

Pazzo levers fitted

brakes and clutch fluids changed.

Slipper clutch replaced

New ducti oil filler plug.. had to add a little more bling...

bill from ducati £750! ;)

I am also going to have to replace my tires next spring... mine lasted me 3000 miles. So this weekend the bike is going back into storage... my summer is over tuesday.. off to oz for 6 weeks.... :)

S2000

car tax... £405 :(

Hardtop going on monday.

will get some pics up tomorrow....

Edited by Putney

will get them tomorrow...

found a pic online of the filler cap.....

96852108B_L.jpg

Which colour?

Hope its the red :D

yep of course.... already have the bar end weights and the ohlins fork adjusters!