Extended Floor Mats

ICE

Kicker Amp

JVC KD-AVX44 Headunit

Rockford Fosgate 6.5 Component speakers

Black Ipod Nano 8gig

Sony Sat Nav

Snooper

749R Dyno run.... Not my bike but it is sporting the same exhaust.

Ducati 749R 2004 Bike 169 Of 1000 World wide

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

Mods

Power Commander

Titanium Leo Vinci Exhaust

NCR Race Fueling Cap

Ducati Performance Rear Sets

Carbon Exhaust Heat Shield

Carbon Down Pipe Heat Shield

Carbon Radiator V Piece

Ducati Performance Frame Plug Set

Ducati Performance Brembo Res covers

Ducati Performance Ohlins Adjusters

Ducati Performance Bar end weights

Ducati Performance Bucci Slipper Clutch Plate

Ducati Performance Open Clutch Cover

Ducati Performance Billet Oil plug

Ducati Performance / Bucci ball bearing slipper clutch.

Gold Chain

Lightened Rear Sprocket

Swing Arm cotton reels

R&G Fork protectors

Progrip handlebar grips

Carbon Sprocket Cover

LED rear light unit

Datatool System 4

Carbon Rear Seat Waiting to go on

Larger Carbon Hugger with Carbon chain Guard

Pazzo Racing Levers (shorty black levers with Red adjusters)

Clutch Slave Cylinder

Double Bubble Screen & removed small running light

Magnesium Headlight Bucket

Tank Pad

The spec for the 2004 749R was amazing!

This is standard kit!

Carbon Fairings

Carbon Nose Cone

Carbon Cam Covers

Carbon Front Mud Guard

Magnesium Cylinder Heads

Magnesium Shims

Titanium Con Rods

Titanium Valves

Ohlins Upside Down Forks

Ohlins Rear Shock

Ohlins Steering Damper

Brembro Radial Brakes

Slipper Clutch

Over Sized 18 liter Tank

Marchesini Light Weight Wheels

Info here

Edited by Putney
  • Like 1

i love your S2000 buddy especially with the canvas roof!

Thanks....

I never got round to taking proper pics of bike or car yet... Not had enough time..... Hardtop just came off for the summer... The hardtop looks better in the metal than the phone pic I posted..... Especially from the back.... It cuts out lots of the road noise and keeps the car nice and toasty in the winter months....

It's hard to get the hardtop to fit without any rattles though!

I rode the bike for the 1st time the weekend just gone... Had it up in london for work... Clutch was ****ed.... Had to take it to bits and clean it all out as it wasn't biting properly... It was almost impossible to pull away at traffic lights. All sorted now... Luckily a friend is very hands on and had the same clutch problem on his 748R.... Now the bike is perfect... Very very fast... 700bhp per tonne loads of torque and the handling is perfect... It is probably the best thing i have ever bought!

Edited by Putney

hard top sounds a good idea then, it just a bolt on jobby or like clips or something?

the bike is insane, bet it can be a bit temperamental sometime though being so high performance. God i want a motorcycle!

Edited by tombuttigieg

hard top sounds a good idea then, it just a bolt on jobby or like clips or something?

the bike is insane, bet it can be a bit temperamental sometime though being so high performance. God i want a motorcycle!

The build quality on these Ducati's are higher than the newer ones.... If they are well maintained there is no reason why they shouldn't go on forever!

All sports bikes cost a fortune to run... My CBR600RR... Needed servicing every 4000miles... Tyres every 4000miles! Brakes every 8000....

The clutch problem is well known.. Slipper clutches make more dust... The open Clutch cover helps get a lot of it out but every 5k miles or so its a good idea to take all the plates out and give them a clean... There were 17 in here and took about an hour to do... you just take the black cover off... remove some springs and fish them out. You can see the clutch... Its the red thing under the black cover!...I also bled the clutch to get the air out.... 5 min job!

You can do a lot of the stuff your self on these bikes so That saves money... My next service is in 6000 miles and the bike gets its belts done... £600 service! Luckily its free from the garage I bought the bike from!

The internals of this bike are Titanium, (Conrods and valves) so it can rev higher than most V twins with less engine wear. Common faults with these bikes are stalling at idle... Mine has done this a couple of times! Battery problems... The batteries take a big wack everytime you start the bike... Takes a lot of juice to get a Vtwin going! Plus the batteries are really small! My bike is left on trickle charge.

The Hardtop is a bit of a pain... You need two people to put it on.. It has two spikes at the back with levers and it uses the same type of catches as the softtop at the front... Its easy to put on but to get it to stop rattling takes some adjustment! I just put it in the shed till the winter... It's bound to get dented in there! :( My sister keeps all her horse tack in there and also stores hay in the same shed... I spent £130 getting the dents out of it at the start of the year! :lol:

Edited by Putney

My engine needed rebuilding 4 times in those miles lol

was this the aprilia 125? dam dude! I would love the 250 to rag about on! but again not the running costs!

I know, I have my eye on a 250 at the moment, trying to descide wether to sell the polo and buy it to get me through the summer.

If the winter on a bike again doesn't get me to finish my Lupo I don't know what will!

Although, the 250 engine needs to be replaced with a 2 stroke 450cc single cylinder engine ;)

lol £130 quid that sucks man, haha i love the fact all the internals of your bike is titanium you know you have a serious bit of kit when stuff is made from titanium and stuff like magnesium!

Comes as standard on R models!

Edited by Putney

IMG_1170.jpg

and the bike in bits...

17 clutch plates pulled out and cleaned!

IMG_1174.jpg

Thanks....

Just ordered some more bits for the bike...

Carbon seat unit- Painted Red with Air vents and seat edging left gloss carbon

NCR Racing fuel Cap

Pazzo Levers

Carbon Chain Guard

Carbon Sprocket Cover

Thinking about fitting a uprated clutch slave cylinder.. At the moment the clutch is very heavy.. I have the pazzo shorty levers waiting to go on I think this might make it a little harder to pull in. Will have to see once the levers are fitted.

Just replaced all four tires on the S2000 and topped her up with oil for my road trip....

Edited by Putney

This months ownership!

Still trying to iron out a few problems with the bike. The clutch is all sorted now however its going back to Ducati to sort the alarm out. Luckily I have warranty on the bike. The old alarm system gave up the ghost and was draining the battery.. They have agreed to fit free of charge a new alarm system (Datatool System 4) and offered me a deal on a tracker. I have booked the bike into get a stalling problem looked at. This is common with 749's. For no reason the bike will cut out when its idling. Its done it three times when i have been stuck at traffic lights. Its all down to fuelling so they are going to run some checks to make sure its running ok. The other thing I noticed is that if you turn the bike full lock to the left the revs rise slightly... Obviously you would never have the bike at full lock on the road so its not a problem but its still annoying when moving the bike around. The throttle cables are catching.

The new carbon seat unit is a work of art, its signed by the guy who made it in the Ducati factory on the back. I had the fairings off the other day and they are also signed on the inside. It's a nice touch! So far I have done 500miles on it. Although its not been faultless I still love the bike. I am settling back into riding quicker than I thought. It's just a shame I am working silly hours at the moment!

Dad has agreed to build a purpose built brick out building to put the bike and tractor (sit on lawn mower) So looking at expanding the bike collection to include a KTM dirt bike sometime soon. At the moment there isn't enough room in the stable so that will have to wait! I am trying to buy all my toys now for when I move over to OZ..

So bits to fit next time I’m down:

Carbon Seat unit.

Carbon Chain Guard

Carbon Sprocket Cover

New small rear number Plate

New LED rear Light

NCR Fuel Cap

Pazzo Levers

Magnesium Head Light Bucket

I have fitted the Frame plugs, ohlins adjusters, bar end weights and swing arm spoils. I also had to replace a rear indicator bulb as that had blown! Bike now has a proper Ducati cover and a new paddock stand.

The car has just be shod with 4 new Bridgestone Protenza tires. At a cost of £468. They gave me £47 back as the slightly scratched the lacquer on one of the wheels.. This will polish out so I wasn't that bothered. It needs a really good clean as its covered in tree sap... Just trying to clear a day so that i can give it a proper detail, polish wax etc. I also topped the oil up as it was down 2 points on the marker. This is the 1st time I have noticed the car using oil and its just turned over 20k miles. I am thinking about changing the head unit as it wont work with my iphone and finding the JVC far to slow for ipod use. The radio sounds **** too... No bass? CD and ipod are fine though. again I need time to get this sorted and the amount of hassle I had from the place that installed it have put me off slightly. I had a good drive down in the new forest this week. It was the 1st time I got to really push the car down my favourite roads. The extra bracing and thicker anti roll bar had actually started to annoyed me up in London however after some really good B roads I decided that i would live with the skittish feeling I was getting over all the man hole covers up in the big smoke... The speeds I can carry through the corner is a good 10-15mph up on the standard suspension. After I dropped the bike back down to the folks I really enjoyed driving the car back up to London with the roof down. It was a really nice evening.... Music up, roof down sun setting behind me. Ready for another stint of work!

Will get some pics up once all the mods are on.

Edited by Putney

Some pictures of the parts waiting to go on.....

I didn't think there was much I could do to the bike as the previous owner had already spent £5k modding it! However I managed to find some bits on ebay to personalise the bike!... Some parts ie the Magnesium headlight unit and Carbon seat are not being produced anymore! Luckily this week I sold the majority the bits i had taken off my last bike.. So this paid for most of them!

Pazzo Levers

pazzolevers.jpg

Carbon Hugger

hugger.jpg

Clutch Slave Cylinder

clutchcylinder.jpg

Carbon Seat unit....

carbonseatunit.jpg

NCR fuel Cap

NCRfuelcap.jpg

Magnesium Headlight bucket..

MagnesiumHeadlightunit.jpg

BS02R2kKGrHgoOKkQEjlLmVIM2BKFICIJw_.jpg

Edited by Putney

You've got some nice touches there!

Give us an update with the fitting parts.....

Any more pics of the S2000? God I love Vtec, my Dad used to own a Honda Accord Coupe 3.0L V6. Amazing car

I can't fit them till my next days off as the bikes down at mum and dads.. Just got back from the lake district today.. The car was awesome up there... I was so pleased to have the power to nip past cars towing caravans and the odd slow coach... The roads are great, nice and twisty with beautiful views! ... However I made the mistake of driving all the way back down with the roof down today... My face is sunburnt after 4 hours of sunshine!

5 hours up (316 miles) one tank of fuel 45lts 31.9mpg

63.2000 mph

101.7105 kmh

28.2529 meters/sec

5561.5998 feet/minute

4 hours down (300 miles) one tank... 30.8mpg not bad considering!

75.0000 mph

120.7008 kmh

33.5280 meters/sec

6599.9998 feet/minute

just got to wait two weeks now for any hidden speedy camera's i didn't see.. God knows what i have done to my license!

didn't do much photography as was only up there two days... I did clean it before i went though.... i am hoping the layers of wax and extra gloss shine help me tomorrow when i clean it.. its covered in fly splats!

IMG_0269_2.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1250.jpg

IMG_2098_2.jpg

Edited by Putney

• 2 weeks later...

Fuel Cap fitted! B)

fuelcap.jpg

Got a little owned on ebay... Sprocket cover wont fit!

sporcket2.jpg

Standard cover fits nice and snug. Frame plugs fitted. Might paint these black.. They only had grey in stock.

sprocketcover.jpg

Ordered some new tires....

5321863697fileengbsbrear400544.jpg

Not liking the tires which are on there at the moment.

Only spent £1k.... But I sold all my old bike bits for £850 so its not real money from my bank account..