Wheel question! what size?

little rich

Alright all, this isnt for be but for Carly off of here with a black 1.4

she has sent her wheels off to be banded, there 14" and et 38,

she wants 8's all round but were just wondering if they would rub? she will be getting the arches rolled if need be,

im pretty sure there rears will be fine but not too sure about the fronts?

Thanks in advance :)

Rich

The people banding them said that the ET will stay the same due to the place that they are cutting them,?

any way they are 6j

tyre's will probably be what im running at the back on my 8s (cant think off the top of my head what they are!)

Thanks

The people banding them said that the ET will stay the same due to the place that they are cutting them,?

any way they are 6j

tyre's will probably be what im running at the back on my 8s (cant think off the top of my head what they are!)

Thanks

unless theyre banding them removing the centre and repositioning the centre then the et will change

im s

Yep i thought if you band in front of the centre you decreased the ET, so they must be putting a 1 inch band either side of the centre to keep the ET the same.

What steels are they, i managed to fit mk2 driver steels banded to 8" on mine no problems, Dont know what the ET of those is though

Ok Thanks for the replys so far,

The place doing it said that the et wont change, as they cut it tight to the back/front of the wheel? dont quote me on that!

Any way if the et does change to et13 would 8s all round be ok? more worried about the front,

Thanks

Is that not still cutting them up and welding?

et13 wont be too bad, will scrub if you go low enough up front, rear will be ok as the dont go THAT low anyway, when you have people in the back though there will be rubbing i would have thought, most of the time it should be ok.

probably fitting 195/45's? yeh?

As said, the only way the et won't change is if there's a band put in front of the face and behind it, ie, two bands.

The et will change, maybe they are referring to the inside clearance, as the inside lip of the wheel will be in the same position as before.

Who's doing it? Sounds like they don't know what they're talking about? :lol:

^ haha! i was always led to believe that the et changed too,

We dropped them off at a house in Heathrow, they do all the wheels for stock racing cars etc, think he does a few on ED38 too,

Thanks,

Is that not still cutting them up and welding?
I don't understand how u mean do you have pictures nothing on howstuffworks.com

Yup you're right it will still involve cutting them up and welding, but its only one weld and no rolled steel band is added.

Hence why the are not 'Banded' but widened.

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94927