Lupo

99hjhm

Few little updates..

New VAG chrome door pins

DSCN3200.jpg

Golf Mk4 sunglasses holder, painted matt black.

DSCN3207.jpg

DSCN3205.jpg

Silver heater control panel.

DSCN3206.jpg

Polo steering column shroud, and under dash panel.

DSCN3202.jpg

Finished steering wheel with working airbag and horn. With new GTI badge

DSCN3201.jpg

Also added...

Aerial booster from a Golf/Polo, direct fit into a Lupo.

DSCN3187.jpg

BBS Stainless valve caps

DSCN3189.jpg

DSCN3181.jpg

Touareg torch

DSCN3185.jpg

Changed numberplate lights, thanks to VW who gave me one free by mistake :)

Comments please

Edited by 99hjhm

Yes it gets driven daily :P Amazing how much noise there is with all the dash and center console missing.

Do you mean the Lupo track is wider at the front? I've got 25mm all round.

Running out of idea's....

Mk5 mirrors??

Front fogs??

Seats

Coilovers

No time to work on it the next few weeks, got another project on the go ;)

Nice progress mate and like the paint job on the sunglasses holder.

Was the Polo underdash hard as I recall giving up when I hit that side LOL as I needed my car back together to use

The sunglasses holder worked out OK.... It came with some hefty scratches in it from a US eBay seller, so we complained, and have a free one coming. I was going to paint it anyway, so just filled the scratches.

It was a paint to take apart and put back togeather again.

I only have the drivers side part in at the moment... and its great, has a cubby hole to keep your phone in, and is a really good fit. I have cut to much off in places which is a pain, so might make thiese panels fit, then get some more to perfect it, knowing where not to go wrong.

Hmmm. Liking the under dash very much! Have you took many pics while fitting it? (read; doing a how to?)

Did you get the bits from a scrappers or the dealers? Do you know if there is (if any) much difference between the lupo and arosa's under dash?

The mk2 has esentially the same dash as the lupo, the only thing that my be different is the lack of coin tray / cup holder but that could actually be a better thing as

to fit the polo coin tray to the lupo dash you have to do a bit of cutting. If i am not mistaken the lumps you have to cut are not on the arosa dash as it has

a flush card holder.

I love this car its awesome! This well deserves the front page of PVW when its done! so many subtle mods. i plan to fit the underdash to my mk2 arosa along with the OEM headunit, with i had the money for thth steering wheel though :(

Keep up the awesome work!!

Hmmm. Liking the under dash very much! Have you took many pics while fitting it? (read; doing a how to?)
I absolutely love all the little touches and the amount of work that has gone into everything to get it just right! brilliant job mate, keep up the a-class work!
I love this car its awesome! This well deserves the front page of PVW when its done! so many subtle mods. i plan to fit the underdash to my mk2 arosa along with the OEM headunit, with i had the money for thth steering wheel though :(

Keep up the awesome work!!

Thanks for all the comments.

Shame I can't take it off the road to do some more serious work, but it's staying a daily driver!

• 4 weeks later...

Just a little update...

hHd a little play with the Lupo yesterday, sorted out a few of the little things that were annoying me.

Finally recieved and fitted my Dension 100 iPod link, real pain to use and get working, but i now have a working iPod and CD changer :P

Only think is it doesnt charge the Nano like it said it would, so I bought a adaptor from Hong Kong to convert 12v to 5v, but this wont fit in the coin tray like I hoped with the cable attached. So now waiting on a Hong Kong extension lead.

Took all the wheels off and retorqued the bolts in the wheel spacers, also freed off the camber adjustment bolts and increased the negative camber on the front to 1 degree.

Looks like Ill be needing some new rear discs and pads soon, so started looking at brake options.

Just bought a TT footrest to mod and fit.. Been done before, but looks good matching the GTI pedals.

One thing thats been anoying me for ages was a rattle from a wire I fitted inside the drivers side A-piller cover for the W8 interior light, so i took the cover off again and taped the wire to the body, whilst I was at it, I fitted the sunglasses holder.

If it stops raining today, I might go out and fit the a new LED bulb in the interior light as one blew within a few weeks, dont buy bulbs from Malaysia!! But it was replaced FOC.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump!

Cleaned the Lupo for the first time in about 8 weeks.

Few recent pics...

DSC00127.jpg

De-Lupo'd rear!

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00129.jpg

Custom painted Golf sunglasses holder

DSC00131.jpg

Finshed fitting the trims after replacing the window switches.

DSC00133.jpg

Edited by 99hjhm