Lupo

99hjhm

Thanks! You learn something new everyday :shades:. Shame it will probably use Japanese FM frequencies so will only be able to receive radio 2 :o

Back on topic, I think the MFD looks very smart! Have you noticed and change in the sound quality; some people say they sound better?

Looking at that picture just makes me think of how much of a comfortable place it is to be.

I don't need a glovebox, i detest clutter, just a tidt Supaguard bag in the boot full of Dodo. YUM.

Just mine in Reflex Silver now. Thinking I need another one perhaps...

My first was a Jazz Blue 1.0e my brother copied me but had a TDI which he sold two years later to fund a SMART(!). In 2005 I decided that as the Lupo was being discontinued I had better get a new on so bought the one I have now, two weeks later my brother had a reflex silver TDI. I suppose I should have been flattered! He kept it less than a year.

On the subject of steering wheels you could fit a 3L (I know its been done) then have the rim retrimmed in leather?

I have to agree on the glovebox though and I like not having one it only encourages clutter!

What about Polo style rear wiper or remove it completely?

I quite like the wheels on the Red GTI I posted although looking at it now the rear one does look a little lost in there, maybe it would look different on a more basic trim level?

Not sure if its possible or if they would look any good but what about Audi S3 chrome mirror caps.

I was thinking Golf5 mirrors.. Did a search on here, and its already been done! ...and in chrome.

Polo wiper with Passat blade was brought and fitted today!

Thanks! You learn something new everyday :shades: . Shame it will probably use Japanese FM frequencies so will only be able to receive radio 2 :o

Back on topic, I think the MFD looks very smart! Have you noticed and change in the sound quality; some people say they sound better?

TBH I dont know if it makes a difference.... Maybe? Looks good though, just need to fit the Plug and play lead so the sat nav works.

JB1.0e.... Where do you get these Lupo pics from?? :rolleyes:

Edited by 99hjhm

I think I'm going to leave the mirrors... Maybe satin black like some Golf GTI's?? Lots of people notice the passenger mirror is smaller, so it's a little quirk!

I've been fitting a Passat W8 light today... Defo not direct fit!!

I had a thought today what about the new steering wheel from a Scirocco, I think think the extra chrome flashes it would match the GTI Instrument bezels plus the materials are really nice plus, in my opinion, it looks much better than a Mk5 wheel.

Been to the nasty VW.... (Although most parts came from TPS)

Weekend mods include.....

Paint and fit W8 interior light.... Including wire to light switch.

Fit plug and play lead for sat nav

Fit GPS antena

Fit CD changer in boot

Fit CD changer lead through interior

GTI badges

Sharan rear badge

New mats and clips

I'll get some pictures up later.

Edited by 99hjhm

NFBR are you a free market or government supported bank?

Would be intersted to see how the interior light turns out. Fully agree about Solihull Volkswagen usless, no parking and the least helpful staff I have ever encountered, they walloped Mums old Golf when it was in for service andd then when we complained they finally agreed to repair the damage the repair they performed was awful.

V dub are idiots!!

Today there was an Eos, blocking the enterence, waited untill somebody finally noticed me, then they went inside, and somebody came out to finally move it!

I asked if they had any numberplate boxes..... Guy said they don't do them (Although there was plenty of cars around with them on).

So just to p**s him off, I brought a pair of number plates!!

After messing a few other things up, he game me some clips for my new mats(thinking I brought them from him). And he kept saying... "It's for a Fox isn't it"

Not all bad, as they under charged me by a whole pound!!

All the sales staff were crowded round the blonde girl at the reception desk, so I couldn't have brought a car if I had wanted to!

Total waste of time! It happens every time I go there!

Edited by 99hjhm

Would be intersted to see how the interior light turns out.

It looks good... I think!

I had to paint it black to match the GTI trim.... They come in every colour but black!

Pain to fit..... The head lining has to be cut and then folded up. There isn't enought room for the plug, so I had to cut some of the polystyrene out from above the head lining.

I did it without cutting up the Lupo loom, swapping the pins with the new plug, then I added a wire down to the light switch to power the LED's.

DSCN2865.jpg

DSCN2868.jpg

DSCN2870.jpg

Yes the sun flap is fitted the wrong way round!

Would look good with some LED's in it.... White or blue??

Edited by 99hjhm

That interior light looks really smart.

I asked at Solihull once if they could order replacement grab handles for inside the car that where damped like earlier models or those later models fitted with a sunroof. The reply came "there is only one type that was ever fitted to the Lupo" I explained that my old one had damped ones, they were discontinued unless you opted for a sunroof I asked VW if I could opt tto have them fitted when I ordered the car the told me it waspossible but the reply came too late. I then pointed out that the GTI had black handles and therefore there must be more on the system thaan he found...he paused and replied "oh yes there is a different part no...oh hang on, nope thats for the rear passenger ones" I gave up.

Have you fitted your ipod link yet? I keep swapping and changing my mind over the idea because I can't decide where to run the cables but frankly the FM transmitter thing I am using is driving me nuts.

Does the GPS antenna act in place of the different roof antenna (the one with the round lump ahead of the bee sting) that they would have fitted at the factory or as well as

That interior light looks really smart.

Have you fitted your ipod link yet? I keep swapping and changing my mind over the idea because I can't decide where to run the cables but frankly the FM transmitter thing I am using is driving me nuts.

Does the GPS antenna act in place of the different roof antenna (the one with the round lump ahead of the bee sting) that they would have fitted at the factory or as well as

iPod link not fitted yet..... The place I have brought it off, can't get hold of the CD retention kit(lets you keep the CD changer)... Although they have taken payment for it. 2 months ago.... Time for a phone call.

The GPS antenna is the one that came with the sat nav... Yes, it does the same thing as a roof mounted one... But much easier to fit.

Which VW dealer do you use??

Sundays mods include....

Cutting lower door cards for Mk4 Golf courtesy lights...

Wash, de-badge rear, machine polish.. And fit new rear badges...

Cambridge lights...

New carpet mats.... Well, I took the old ones out! Going to have to modify the new/old clips though.

Edited by 99hjhm

My car is serviced by Listers in Stratford, they seem a little more switched on than Solihull. I also avoid Birmingham Volkswagen despite buying the car from them. They (or at least in their previous guise "Hartwell Smithfield") supplied and serviced my 1.0e before this car, they failed to diagnose the broken pedal box instead covered the pedal box with grease to ease it, I complained the gearbox was making a strange noise (similar to A series whine) they explained they all do that and the courtsey Lupo would not make the noise as mine had optional extras such as ABS, Electric windows that meant they had upgraged the alternator(!). They serviced the car but clearly did not test drive the thing after the service as it was returned with a misfire. In fact the only reason I sold my old car back to them was so they would be stuck with the gearbox problem. On the day I collected my new car the sales man took my car for a test drive (a little late) and expressed concern about the noise they put the car on the ramp and found the gearbox casing was craked and had been leaking oil, I handed him the servbice history including the document from 30,000miles earlier when their Service Manger Frank Hall had been tasked with identifying the noise and had told me it was normal. Needless to say they have not been allowed near this one! I also spend alot of time in Yorkshire so if there is a mechanical issue the car is looked after by Des Winks in Scarborough they are very friendly and seemed to understand more about the car than JCT600 in York. Ranting over.

Are the reflectors that you are putting in the doors going to light up? How easy are auto-electrics? Everyone I speak to warns me off them saying unless you know exactly what you are doing you can cause problems (This may just be directed at me!)

I spent yesterday cleaning mine and polishing the exhaust heatshield this is a job I wish I had not started!

The courtesy lights will work. I have a friend who is a real good auto elctrician. Will probably have to trace where the interior lights take their power from, as I dout the door switches will take the load.

I've also cut the panel in the boot, to fit a Golf Mk4 boot light.... Tricky to avoid the seat belt reel. Then though the wiring loom is on the NS of the car, not the OS where I had put the light.

Before....

DSCN2851.jpg

After....

DSCN2880.jpg

New GTI badge

Sharan 90mm badge

Rear 'aero' wiper, with stubby Passat blade

Stubby Aerial

Cambridge Lights

Also did the boot light.

DSCN2881.jpg

Bought some dealer style number plate surrounds, to go with my new plates(Not yet fitted)..

Edited by 99hjhm

Going to be atempting cruise control next weekend.... (Edit: Very hard, so not done.)

New number plates and surrounds.

Finish fitting mats.

Wire bootlight

Wire door courtesy lights

Edited by 99hjhm