Lupo

99hjhm

Thats what I will be fitting when I have the money for them, don't you worry.

Just bought some Cambridge rear lights of Alice on here!

Other mods on the list are...

Golf 12V Aux socket in boot

Golf door courtesy lights.

Golf boot light wired to the lock mech

Mk5 Golf GTI Gearknob

Passat W8 interior light, painted satin black to match GTI trim

Mk5 GTI badges

Sharran/Passat rear VW badge

Mk5/Polo Rear wiper... With the short Passat blade

Satin silver painted air vent surrounds, and heater control panel... Looking for spares!

Sharran style stubby aerial.

LED xenon style SMD sidelight bulbs

Flip key

Cambridge Lights

Edited by 99hjhm

Well... I bought them! :P Thank you for the English lesson there Colin! And the P*** taking from nfbr :rolleyes:

*bout time this site had a spell and grammar check*

Edited by 99hjhm

Well... I bought them! :P Thank you for the English lesson there Colin! And the P*** taking from NFBR :rolleyes:

*bout time this site had a spell and grammar check*

It's my pet hate. lol.

You actually spelled the word Brought correctly. But it was wrong for context. Unfortunately something a spell check cannot pick up on.

I get it right every time and I failed English Language and epic failed English Literature!

Car's coming on a treat though :)

It's my pet hate. lol.

You actually spelled the word Brought correctly. But it was wrong for context. Unfortunately something a spell check cannot pick up on.

I get it right every time and I failed English Language and epic failed English Literature!

Car's coming on a treat though :)

I was a whiz at school, but now totally useless.... Hour after hour on forums I guess.

Think of any more mods(OEM+) i could have a go at??

I THINK they had a option BBS wheel?? But couldn't find any pics on the net.maybe the same as the ones Jen has on her car?

Edited by 99hjhm

untitled.jpg

BBSGTI.jpg

I think these wheels were an option in Europe and Asia, I think although I stand to be corrected, that Jen has these wheels on her GTI.

Not sure if you can but you could swap the heater controls for a digital display, I think you need air conditioning tough. You could also add a glove compartment.

Edited by JB1.0e

I have not found the Jap spec bumper yet all the Japenese Lupos seem to have the same front and rear.

2929461706_1fa4137cb9.jpg

As you can tell its quiet at work!

Edited by JB1.0e

That bumper doesn't have headlight washer jets... Or is it the pic?

Those wheels are similar to the polo GTi ones, but they look lost in a GTI arch.. I think Defcon5 has them.

I though about a glovebox...

I've got a VW CD changer, I hope i can ram it under the boot panel somehow. With a lead from Hong kong...

Edited by 99hjhm

Nice job on the paintwork, just a shame about the orange peel effect! A mk5 GTI steering wheel maybe?

I think the PO did a tad of banger racing with the front end!! Paint is dreadful :( ...and black is the worse colour for paint defects. Every time the front bumper stone chips, water gets under the lacquer, and it starts to peel away! So thats going to be done before the winter.

I wasn't going to start flatting down the tailgate, going to put a Mk5 Golf handle in.... Sometime!

Edited by 99hjhm

A mk5 GTI steering wheel maybe?

Yes... In time, I want a GTI Edition 30 wheel... Cause it has red stiching to match a GTI trim. Couple of other people already have them.

Every mod I think of, I do a search, only to find it has been done before!! Good minds think alike?? Or just following a trend??

JB1.0e... What colour Lupo's do you have in your family??

Just mine in Reflex Silver now. Thinking I need another one perhaps...

My first was a Jazz Blue 1.0e my brother copied me but had a TDI which he sold two years later to fund a SMART(!). In 2005 I decided that as the Lupo was being discontinued I had better get a new on so bought the one I have now, two weeks later my brother had a reflex silver TDI. I suppose I should have been flattered! He kept it less than a year.

On the subject of steering wheels you could fit a 3L (I know its been done) then have the rim retrimmed in leather?

I have to agree on the glovebox though and I like not having one it only encourages clutter!

What about Polo style rear wiper or remove it completely?

I quite like the wheels on the Red GTI I posted although looking at it now the rear one does look a little lost in there, maybe it would look different on a more basic trim level?

Not sure if its possible or if they would look any good but what about Audi S3 chrome mirror caps.

Edited by JB1.0e

Whats the difference between the Jap spec bumpers and the english style ones :confused: , look the same to me

Sam

There was a thread a while ago with a supposed Jap spec GTi in it, a few members thought the number plate recesses looked shorter and that it had an MD headunit (bossjohn IIRC ;)) but I think it was more likely just a shadow in the photo. No further pictures have ever been found :)

I have been searching too, I have only found that Japanese Lupos seem to frequently have the MD head unit (Also standard on special edition Costa) I was expecting to see smaller number plate recess, having said that though I have seen a couple of cars on here with 5 character registration plates and their owners have have the smaller recess custom made. I am still searching...