i'm so disappointed with my Fox....is anyone else??

LucyB

Having been driving a fox during the start of lockdown ( borrowed from a family member as they didn’t require it ) I have now bought it from them , it’s 2010 and only done 19k . I have driven many cars and also own a 2020 Skoda Karoq  which my other half mainly drives . The little fox is like any other car it has its quirks but is actually a good honest car , yes aspects of it are built to a cost but everything is functional without being overly complicated and let’s face it it’s less to go wrong , the ride is actually fairly smooth although a little wallowy on tighter corners but it is sprung  and dampened more for everyday all rounder . I honestly think the fox has had a bit of unfair press , yes some people may have had bad experiences which is very unfortunate and think it’s down to very bad luck etc.but I know a businessman who had an AMG Mercedes ( I forget which model) but had nothing but problems with it , so it goes to show that cost doesn’t always necessarily mean any better or less problems ,I can honestly say I’ve grown quite fond of the wee car , it’s cheap motoring and actually a bit of fun to drive , it has no pretensions ,it’s a little VW and let’s face it , small vws are cool .

I still dislike the fox.

It's just so ugly and as it was known for years as the Lupo replacement I'm that little bit more against it still.

I do drive a fox on Tuesdays so I'm allowed this opinion.

I just knew you'd chime in here @Rich :)

Technically they're more modern, but just not well built.

Trouble is most post 2006 cars have to abide by the newer car rules, so are just cr@p. Don't even get me started on current rules (euro 6 onwards). Reliability is no longer relevant. It simply has to not damage *

* add your own choice of noun in here. Suggestions include environment, children, green spaces....

I'm in the process of renovating my daughters Mini Cooper whilst it has some nice features particularly the rear suspension set up, & looks cute, under the skin its cheaply made and you need all the extras [which this one hasn't got] & these can hugely increase the price.  

• 1 month later...

I'm still a Fox fan - boot is cavernus with the seats down and still highly usable with them up on the Urban model with sliding back seats. Have just moved and the Fox was invaluable! If it wasn't my sister's and therefore fitted with a black box, I'd probably drive it all the time.