dropped by 70mil

JiMMy BiZ

Because nobody has bothered getting custom made springs. Most choose coilovers and can fine-tune their ride height to exactly where they want it. That's what one litre wonder was saying, get coilies for £200 and you can have it anywhere between 40mm and 120mm down.

Standard shocks will pop if you lower it 70mm on just springs, you'd need shortened shocks too.

quote for 70mm springs on ebay

"Mad Boy Bad Boy" tarmac chewing appearance!

think someone read that and was sold on the idea :lol:

someone hasnt thought about the compliations of of 70mm springs, theres more to it than wack them on and let the car sit pretty

...listen to phil kid because he knows more than you think! you would have gone out and got them without knowing that your shocks will pop

im guessing you had no idea about the shocks or you would have opted for coilovers

dont be an arse when were only here to help ;)

this is how low ive got on standard shocks and springs! (grinder :P ) virtually no body roll or give in the shocks lol but it IS NOT recomended listen to these guys or learn the hard way.

Picture003.jpg

this is how low ive got on standard shocks and springs! (grinder :P ) virtually no body roll or give in the shocks lol but it IS NOT recomended listen to these guys or learn the hard way.

Picture003.jpg

im actually cringing at this thread.... all its missing now is someone with a ironing board spoiler, half a bin for a bonnet scoop and some self tinted windows with more bubbles than a aero bar

in short , i ran 45mm springs , i blew 3 sets of front shockies , 3 sets of rear shockies . cost more than buying bloody coilovers which i ran down 120mm for over a year and never had a problem.

70mm springs + shockies nonmatched shockies or £200 for cheap coilovers with matched shockies

no contest

im actually cringing at this thread.... all its missing now is someone with a ironing board spoiler, half a bin for a bonnet scoop and some self tinted windows with more bubbles than a aero bar

in short , i ran 45mm springs , i blew 3 sets of front shockies , 3 sets of rear shockies . cost more than buying bloody coilovers which i ran down 120mm for over a year and never had a problem.

70mm springs + shockies nonmatched shockies or £200 for cheap coilovers with matched shockies

no contest

Okay, you just get springs then.

Just don't come back when your shocks give out wondering why.

Or

1) you've crashed the car and are trying to sell parts.

2) VOSA stick a PG9 on it give you 3 points and 250 pounds fine for driving a car with defective suspension

• 2 weeks later...

This site is the worst, so a kid comes on here asking for help, not knowing about somehting and you all slate him? Get a life, course you can lower your car on standard shocks, just we're not all benders like you lot and choose to play by the god given rules.

This site is the worst, so a kid comes on here asking for help, not knowing about somehting and you all slate him? Get a life, course you can lower your car on standard shocks, just we're not all benders like you lot and choose to play by the god given rules.

seems like to me he already knows everything, lol

these lot we're just givin him some good advise.

if he buys coilovers he's not gunna have the problems he's gunna get, every one on here is just trying to save him money time and effort in the long run.

its not a case of being nasty, people are just telling him that it wont work or or be safe

What a crap thread.

If you know it all, don't bother wasting bandwidth.

Buy your -70mm springs (if you can find them) we'll keep our eye open for you with a broken subframe at the side of the road.

Just don't bother letting us know how you get on. :swerve: