Anyone lowered their GTI with just lowering springs??

twoggy

I baught springs for mine, but then sold them without even bothering to fix them. They were pointless IMO considering you can get coilovers which are a million times better and in some cases even cheaper than a decent set of springs.

Siimo has springs on his gti once, pm him if you want snaps (Handling was still jelly-fied though, he nearly put me through the passenger door going round a roundabout once...:P )

He's seen the error of his ways and got coils now too :)

Edited by Clairey Fairy

Trust us, it really isnt worth buying springs. You'll just end up being dissapointed and wanting to stab someone in the face.

Go see phillJ over on Club Olop, he sells perfectly accpetable coilovers really cheap

:)

Edited by Clairey Fairy

Trust us, it really isnt worth buying springs. You'll just end up being dissapointed and wanting to stab someone in the face.

Go see phillJ over on Clup Olop, he sells perfectly accpetable coilovers really cheap

In the face...? :wacko: your crazy ha

Go see phillJ over on Club Olop, he sells perfectly accpetable coilovers really cheap

I was the other way round i put coilovers on (perfectly acceptable really cheap ones) then gave them away and went back to just springs because unless you are spending top coin on decent coilovers you just end up with a ride that is far too stiff to drive quickly I put up with a week of the car snatching in fast bends over little bumps then took them off as they were slowing me down on track I'd imagine it doesn't make so much difference but for all round I think springs are the best compromise

DSC_5854.jpg

that mine on spax

Edited by matt~black