Back in black!!!

Alex_225

Well I've had her back from the bodyshop after the Lupo vs pick up truck incident. Have to say they've done a great job and the paintwork is now brand new.

Whilst it was in I decided to get the roof done black. Had intended this later in the year but thought that since its in being sprayed they may as well do it. Let me know what you think -

CarPark1.jpg

CarPark2.jpg

CarPark3.jpg

CarPark4.jpg

SpeedBumps.jpg

Transformers.jpg

Bit of polish and a light wax gave a great finish -

BlackRoof5.jpg

BlackRoof3.jpg

CarPark6.jpg

I'm a detailing nut mate, Im terrible for it and have total OCD. DetailingWorld is my friend haha.

Not had a full repray though. Although the only panels I've not had sprayed since buying it are the front arches and bonnet. I've had pretty much every other blemish and chip taken out now. Even got newly painted mirrors! Near as damn it a respray I guess.

Nice one mate, I've gone over the engine to some extent but not to your extreme haha. I've spent a fair while getting the paintwork on this up to the standard I want so just gotta maintain it now.

Its the Megane which I'm worse with though, there's not a bit of it that I haven't touched apart from a full detail underneath haha.

Glad you picked up on the title too, I'm off to see the 'DC in a couple of weeks at the O2!

Always thought you weren't meant to polish a freshly painted car.

Very true, hope you left it atleast a week before you polished and waxed it, im told its to allow the paint to "cure" propperly, or the polish can soften the paint........ apparently.

John

Had the work done at JD Motors in Purley. Been using them for years and they always seem to do a pretty good job. I have had the odd hiccup or imperfection but they always get it sorted and are a top bunch of chaps.

Polishing wise, I spoke to the guy in there and he said I was ok to polish it straight away as they had baked the paint on so would be fine. As it happens I left the car for a week before washing it.

Also the polish I used isn't especially abrasive and the wax I applied (Megs Gold Class) isn't exactly especially tough but just leaves a nice finish.

I think if you're car is sprayed and not baked then it could cause you some issues because it would need longer for all the solvents to evapourate.

Looks great, i do like the roof :shades:

Must be nice to have asuch a clean car, but cleaning for 2 weeks under the bonnet and under the car! Ive rarely clean under the bonnet never mind anything else. Well i do clean inside my wheel arches, so thats not too bad ;)

With both my cars I tend to give the engine bay a wipe over after each wash. Usually just a microfibre and quick detailer or the Autoglym Rubber and Vinyl care stuff.

Plastic engine bays are really easy to keep clean though haha -

MeganeSept07_1.jpg

Haha thats very true. My missus has a black car and it looks great when its all polished and waxed but slight bit of dust or rain shows it right up.

Why don't you have a silver roof instead! lol

Because I've got a silver car... lol I'd have liked a black one, but after my last black car, NEVER AGAIN lol.

Because I've got a silver car... lol I'd have liked a black one, but after my last black car, NEVER AGAIN lol.

Haha I'm with you now mate, I picked that up as you having a black car! :rolleyes:

haha I hate my black car lol, but looks so much nicer than other colours ^_^

really clean example!

Yeah having a black car day to day must be tough when it comes to showing dirt and stone chips. Silver is very very forgiving and for that reason its perfect for keeping my OCD down when I'm using it week in week out. ;)

I like the new roof, mate. Very nice.

I've had my Lupo GTi in the garage for the past week after some idiot in a stolen Corsa (*spits*) ran into me at some lights. The bumper's wasted, the exhaust was buckled and pushed in and under the car, and the boot compartment was squashed slightly. They've had to change the exhaust too, as they reckon they couldn't find a match. Once I get it back it's going for some serious cleaning, and I'm looking into getting some mods on it, at the moment it's all standard stock.

In the meantime I have to drive the garage's courtesy car....a Ford KA. Nice :sick:

My car... and their car. I tried to insert images, but it didn't like it!

After the accident I took these pics for the insurance claim, and when I turned round he'd fecked off somewhere! So I had to call the coppers in to report it all. lovely persono. Coulda been worse I guess.

Edited by pinkietronic

That shine is amazing!!

Thanks very much, its not perfect as I guess the bodyshop gave it a polish or wipe over so some swirls but to be honest I'm just begin petty. Its pretty good really! haha :lol:

Pinkitronic - That really does suck big time. I hope you manage to get it sorted without being too screwed over. I hate these kinds of scummers who steal cars, cause and accident then leave you to pick up the pieces. The bloke that hit mine was just being sh!tty with me as it was a single lane but he was trying to come up the outside. As the lane narrowed I move more to the middle with him behind. He suddenly revs up to try and stop me and goes down the side of the car. Gets out and tries to make out its my fault!! :angry: I was truly lost for words at the time which for me takes a hell of a lot. Fingers crossed it'll come back in my favour as I have two witnesses.