Rust on Roof

s2000king

Good news from Crash, any chance you could mention the dealer's name though, I don't think you gave it. Would like to be able to drop two dealers' names next time I have a try.

cheers

Gaz

Yeah, I am yet to book it in but the dealer is VW Wrexham and web http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/retailers/132 dealing with a chap called Ben. Will let you all know results when she is done...

hmm ive got some on the gutter of my roof on the gti

only problem is the pervious owner had the roof sprayed black have i got a chance of gettin it sorted?

also theres a bit on the sill near the bottom of the wing starting to bubble too....

hmm ive got some on the gutter of my roof on the gti

only problem is the pervious owner had the roof sprayed black have i got a chance of gettin it sorted?

also theres a bit on the sill near the bottom of the wing starting to bubble too....

Worth a try, but I'd be very suprised if they did the roof for you given that the 'failure' may not be due to their original work.

Edited by richie.guy

Worth a try, but I'd be very suprised if they did the roof for you given that the 'failure' may not be due to their original work.

yeh thats what i thought, i used to work in the approved VW bodyshop so mite go to them and ask see what they say

Heya guys and gals, i am afraid the time has come for me to depart as i have sold the Lupo, all information is throughout the thread and i hope it is of help to people now and in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me via PMM for more info and contact numbers.

Im sure other members can help in the answering of any questions you may have as this thread has urged many people to get the problem fixed so they have the same knowledge as i do on the matter.

Thanks again, James.

• 4 weeks later...

Right, name and shame time!

List of which dealerships will do it and which wont.

Wont

Gloucester

Stoke

Solihul

Batley

Newbury

Will

Norwich

Sheffield

Newton Abbot Murry

Wrexham

Edited by Bikerz

Wont

Gloucester

Stoke

Solihul

Batley

Newbury

Will

Norwich

Sheffield

Newton Abbot Murry

Wrexham

Milton Keynes

Tbf it has nothing really to do with the dealership (but helps if you get a decent bloke) All pictures etc are sent off to Head office in Germany where they then decide if its worthy to do,

And the paint work has to be 100% original on the pannel.

Rich

Its in their interest to send them off though as if they get the go ahead from the main office they send them a nice cheque to do the work, which they want,

Im just going by what the guy told me who sorted me out,

Rich.

Mine didn't have the FVWSH and i got it done, its a strange system, some will, some won't, so it will be helpful to some people to know which ones are easier to go to and not waste there time, if nothing else.

Cheers, James.

I would have tried arguing but I was on my lunch break and had to get back to work, so admitted defeat thinking perhaps Id missed reading that bit on here lol. Round 2 next week then I think :lol: Im printing off this thread!

Good plan batman, don't back down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Cheers and good luck, James.

I'll report back with any kind of result, good or bad ;) Work printer will be taking a hammering tomorrow! :D

51 plate GTI, small patch about 2mm by 4mm, on the outside of the back gutter trim on the left of it.

took it to Pullman vag in Durham on Tuesday, Assessment Thursday, (free coffee), phone call yesterday, goes in on Monday, get a courtesy car for three days.

Wouldn't have thought about it if it wasn't for this thread.

Cheers.

Just thought I'd let you all know about my experience so you can add to the list.

I only bought my 2001 Lupo (1.4S, Red) this weekend but it's absolutely immaculate... apart from some rust bubbling on the roof by the seals. I obviously want it sorted since the rest of the car is pretty much spotless so I took it to my local VW dealership on Monday (Spirit Volkswagen Leamington Spa).

I hadn't read this thread at that point and was expecting a big no from them, but they did an inspection there and then, took some photos and sent them off to whoever it is who deals with this. The guy at VW said he thought I had a strong case but he would get back to me in 3 or 4 days with an answer.

I get a call the next day, stating that VW have agreed to fix it, and will cover all costs. It'll take 3 days and I get a courtesy car while my car is being repaired. It's booked in for mid-December which is the earliest they could do it, so obviously this may or may not work out exactly as I'm hoping, although all being well, it should be ok.

So as of now, Leamington Spa seem to be ok with repairing the damage!

Fantastic buddy, that has been added to the list, well done on getting the good old thumbs up, glad to hear it, thanks for taking the time to post in here as well, the more stories the better!!!! :D

Cheers, James.

• 2 weeks later...

Could a mod pin this now as i would hate for it to get lost, i have updated the first post to include all required info as requested and i think that a lot of current and future members would benefit from this as well. :D

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, James.