Rust on Roof

s2000king

Indeedy, through the seal (or lack thereof). Another symptom is water in the high brake light.

Maybe a small insursion in each bubble would allow seepage through the spoiler...can't believe its not covered. :(

The roof should be accepted mate, if not, my advice is to print this thread off and show them that other dealers are doing it, i don't think the boot handle is covered though im afraid. Good luck and let us know. :)

Cheers, James.

Hello,

I've been knocked on my roof channel rust by the area VAG person who looks at warranty claims and he claimed not to know that this was a problem with Lupos and that it was a case of water causing rust from the outside in ( although wouldn't that be a warranty issue too! ). I would like to give him chapter and verse on what dealers have honoured roof claims and so far have seen Murrys in Newton Abbott mentioned.

Could those that have had this work done under warranty let us know who the dealers were that honoured claims so I can politely tell my local dealership. I'm sure if we could all quote three or four different dealers that would swing the issue for those of us still stuck with the problem.

Cheers

Gary

The only way i could get a courtesy car was to swap my own insurance onto the courtesy car because i was 18....then it turned out to be a crappy matiz lol, but yeh, there insurance doesn't cover us im afraid.

Cheers, James.

Murrys in Newton Abbott is mine, so tell them to give them a ring, my name is James Cutmore and just say my claim was sent through, if all else fails print this thread and take it in and they will soon see that it is a common problem, hope this helps. PM me if you need any more help.

Cheers, James.

The roof should be accepted mate, if not, my advice is to print this thread off and show them that other dealers are doing it, i don't think the boot handle is covered though im afraid. Good luck and let us know. :)

Cheers, James.

Yeah went along and he said the handle couldnt be claimed as its a bolt on part, but he seemed pretty certain the roof would be fine! :) he's taken some pics and I'll hear from them in due course, so will let you know what the outcome is!

Yeah went along and he said the handle couldnt be claimed as its a bolt on part, but he seemed pretty certain the roof would be fine! :) he's taken some pics and I'll hear from them in due course, so will let you know what the outcome is!

Awsome, im really glad mate, keep us posted as this is helping a lot of people take advantage of this warranty and it helps to have stories to back it all up.

Cheers, James.

Not happy.... they've rejected my claim :angry: Wouldnt give me a reason either. I've got him to forward me the letter now that he received from VW. What do you think the next step is? I'll post a pic up of what they've rejected, see what you think?

DSC_2166.jpg

DSC_2165-1.jpg

Can't really see it well due to the lighting but its definitely bubbled and started to split the paint....

This is the e-mail they got from head office that he's forwarded me.... they can't even spell correctly?

Subject: RE: Emailing: Lupo WX51FDZ Warranty

chkd this one for goodwill as it rust under paint ltd to 3 yrs no goodwill

on it im afraid as its over 3ys old, class as paint defect.

Edited by Ad....

My claim got rejected also due to apparently its been resprayed on nearly every panel except the bloody tailgate . not happy! . they were very helpful though hes going to send me an estimation so looks like ive got to start saving . as soon as he saw my car he asked if i knew little rich lol .

Well thats a shame guys all i can say is to get them to contact my dealer Murry VW in Newton Abbott as they excepted mine Ad.... and GM he is right in that they can't complete a claim if the car has been tampered with.

Cheers, James.