Rust on Roof

s2000king

just heard back, the dealer said VW have refused to do it so I called customer care, they didn't have any record of pictures being sent and now I have to get registered with VW and then they said they'll look into the case and possibly have to take more pictures.... maybe theyre trying to bore me so i'll go away, but I wont!!

keep you posted

Well got some some more stories, keep trying to those having problems and to the above give them a call and pop done to them and im sure they will sort you out....if they don't they will have me to deal with haha :D

Cheers guys!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Your lucky mate, mine was in for 3 weeks the first time and 2 weeks the second time, so persist as much as possible and i'm sure you will be pleased with the results!!! :D

Cheers, James.

oooooo.....that's a very good question, not sure to be honest, but would say something like bad laquer peel and bad, deep scratches that could have caused the rust, not sure on anything else..... :wacko:

Hope this helps :D

Cheers, James.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Went to VW Sheffield today and got sent to Gilders, Chesterfield to have someone look at the rust starting to bubble up on my roof.

Got to Chesterfield and the guy looked at it and said it was definitely the right type of rust 'inside out.'

He took my registration number down and went to check on the system whether I could have it covered under the warranty. Turns out my lupo only came with a 6 year warranty so they won't sort my rust out under the warranty :(

Gutted.

All Lupo's are 12 Years as far as I know. :confused:

yeah all lupos are 12 year.Just got my w reg 2000 lupo back from having rust on roof done.Northgate in bury st edmunds excellent service well pleased.went in sat morning,they took pics and got authorsied following tuesday.no mention about service history,etc.collected car from my work and was back 4 days later.def deal with them in the future!

Either that or demand that they give you proof of it being only 6 years, sounds like they are trying to mug you off, as above, from the beginnings of this thread i have not head this as a reason so i think you should keep on trying with other dealers perhaps....keep trying!!!! :D

To the others, i'm glad you are all getting the work done/in the process of getting it done, hopefully nearly every Lupo has been done by now lol :P