Rust on Roof

s2000king

after reading this ive noticed a small amount of bubbling on the roof of my car as well, should i just phone vw up and explain this will they understand or is there something in particular i should say to them the car is a 99 so it should be covered under the 12 year warranty?

Just literally give them a ring mate explain whats wrong and it might be worth popping in to have a chat with the warrenty people. If they give you trouble, print this thread off and tell them to contact Newton Abbot Murry VW and they are the people i dealt with and mine got accepted. Hope this helps.

James

Thanks for this guys mine is more bubbly than an aero, I will give it a go this/next weekend as it driving me nuts. I will keep quiet about my front end having been re sprayed (larry was reversed into by a bin lorry with previous owners)

Thanks for this guys mine is more bubbly than an aero, I will give it a go this/next weekend as it driving me nuts. I will keep quiet about my front end having been re sprayed (larry was reversed into by a bin lorry with previous owners)

Sounds like a good plan to me bud, good luck and im glad people are finding my thread helpful.

Regards, James.

I'm glad I've stumbled across this thread as I was looking at the guttering style slits on the roof and was thinking "Oooh.....that'll rust soon....lovely". I never knew they would cover this but I suppose if they have designed something and its going to fail sooner or later they would have to cover it.

Brilliant thread!

Aimée

Edited by Aimee_R

I'm glad I've stumbled across this thread as I was looking at the guttering style slits on the roof and was thinking "Oooh.....that'll rust soon....lovely". I never knew they would cover this but I suppose if they have designed something and its going to fail sooner or later they would have to cover it.

Brilliant thread!

Aimée

I'm also glad that you found it Aimee and thank you for taking the time to say thanks and good luck when trying to sort it all out and i would be glad to hear how you get on with a claim should you make one.

Regards, James.

Got my car back on friday and the whole roof had been painted only thought they would patch it result B)

Nice one mate, same as me, hope they did a good job ;).

James.

The bubbling on mine is more on the side rather than the roof, is that the same as everyone elses?

Mine was like it and they did the sides as well, did a really good job on it if i say so myself. :D

James.

so is this for cars under 12years old??? cause i have just bought a sdi 1999 and on the roof with those gutter type things are theres abit of bubbling so you guys reckon i could get that done for free??? plus my boot handle serounding is rusty too??

You can get the roof done for free, im not too sure about the handle, but still worth a try. Just go to your local dealer and take it from there, let me know how you get on and any more questions, feel free to pm me.

James.

Hi, ye just having mine done on roof and boot. They are very good with rust warranty

Heya guys and gals, I had rust bubbling through on the gutter type parts on the roof and took it to my dealership today and they are going to investigate it, it doesn't have accident damage or anything and i was wondering if i had a chance of the claim under the 12 year corrosion guarantee and if anyone else has this problem and succeeded with a claim, thanks everyone!!!!!

James.

Hi, ye just having mine done on roof and boot. They are very good with rust warranty

Nice one, glad you are having it done and they should do as good as job on yours as they did on mine, which is amazing, so let me know what you think when they have finished ;)

James.

• 4 weeks later...

My dealer just rang me to get an update on how the repair was and if it was showing any signs of coming back.....now that's after care if you ask me, especially from my dealer!!!! :)

James.

Lupo's have a 12 year corrosion guarantee?

Yes they do, so if you have a problem and your car is still eligible then i would take advantage of it.

hope all gos as well as mine did Rich, good luck and keep everyone posted, helps everyone get in on this and see that the system works, thanks.

James.

Yes they do, so if you have a problem and your car is still eligible then i would take advantage of it.

hope all gos as well as mine did Rich, good luck and keep everyone posted, helps everyone get in on this and see that the system works, thanks.

James.

WOW

Mine is rusting in quite a few places its crap

rang guilders vw in sheffield a few days ago and they said bring it in and well take some pictures, so i did and they took the pics to send off to vw, today i got a phone call, YES they'll do it for no charge, its going in on tuesday, itll take a week AND ill get a courtesy car :):):)

have to say, very impressed with this, my last few cars have all been peugeots and theres no way they would have treated the customer as well as vw have me

:lol:

wheres the guilders dealer in sheffield i will gave them a try :D

Edited by chippa

WOW

Mine is rusting in quite a few places its crap

AWESOME, naa im kidding, what year is it, how much is rusting and you should get it done asap if it is as bad as your reaction lol....especially cause its free!!!!!

Cheers, James.