Fox Sale Thread.

FLO7LXJ

I second that. you will get more if you take the wheels off. also take the illegal number plate off as well. The zorst is good. The GTI badge on the front looks bad as you have not got a GTI grill.

Happy selling

put the origional wheels back on and take the gti badges off

will get your asking price then most likely and a bit extra if you ebay'd the wheels ;)

more chance of selling it too as more people will be interested if you advertised it in the paper or auto trader.

just think...a middle aged bloke or woman buying as a daily drive isnt gonna want a gti rip off where as they would have it standard :)

up to you mate...if not then dont bother

just some friendly advice thats all :)

Whats wrong with the number plate?

i am selling as is as i think a young lad or lass would prefer the car the way it is as young people buy them as they are only insurance group 1.

i personally think the fox is a poor excuse for a golf but i bought it for my girlfriend and would feel silly giving her a car with wheel trims thats why i put the wheels on and most people don't know that they dont make a fox gti and also most people wouldnt know what a fox is.

thanks for the advise though. dan.

Whats wrong with the number plate?

i am selling as is as i think a young lad or lass would prefer the car the way it is as young people buy them as they are only insurance group 1.

i personally think the fox is a poor excuse for a golf but i bought it for my girlfriend and would feel silly giving her a car with wheel trims thats why i put the wheels on and most people don't know that they dont make a fox gti and also most people wouldnt know what a fox is.

thanks for the advise though. dan.

poor excuse for a golf?? what do you mean by that

can i just ask why the change of heart with it??

fair enough mate...its your car after all

good luck pal :)

i just think the fox, the lupo and the polo are just a poor mans golf but thats just my opinion. its like if you buy a porche boxter its just because you couldn't quit get the 911.

its not a change of heart as such it just isnt big enough for my girlfriend with baby so im looking for something bigger. 4 or 5 doors maybe.

itis on ebay aswel http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=130295783505

i just think the fox, the lupo and the polo are just a poor mans golf but thats just my opinion. its like if you buy a porche boxter its just because you couldn't quit get the 911.

its not a change of heart as such it just isnt big enough for my girlfriend with baby so im looking for something bigger. 4 or 5 doors maybe.

itis on ebay aswel http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=130295783505

I think your on another plant mate. :wacko:

I had a Golf before, I chose the Lupo as its different and is an excellent car to drive, the Mk4 Gti is too lardy.

Like other people have stated, put it back to standard and sell the 'gti' bits seperatly, you'll get more money that way. :coffee:

It is not group one insurance after you stick some stupidly big alloys on, no young person will get insured in it or it will cost ££££. The plates are show plates (no bs number, no postcoad of the maker, VW badge on the side) you get pulled with them £50 on the spot fine (lovely for a new driver).

GTI badges belong on cars with powerful engines like a Lupo GTI. (although the 1.2 is quite good for a 1.2)