GTI Anniversary Rear Badges in Red

fatttty

Ok, I've done and search and couldnt find anything so i thought i would ask. My car had a set of anniversary GTI badges in red with the chrome outline. Im after another set as I had them removed when i had the boot smoothed.

I brought a set off eBay and they have been on the car for just over a week and the red is starting to peel away from the chrome :S

Are these badges available direct from VW? If they are does anyone happen to have a part number. Also if anyone knows of anywhere else i can get a good quality set I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks, Alex

IIRC the red ones were never oem.

They sell them at www.tmtuning.com but you'll prob have the same problem of peeling again.

Official OEM badges as Matt said were all silver. Only replica ones or copies were red and they're done with what seems to be vinyl over the chrome, that's the ones i originally whacked on anyway :)

Official OEM badges as Matt said were all silver. Only replica ones or copies were red and they're done with what seems to be vinyl over the chrome, that's the ones i originally whacked on anyway :)

ahhhah lol that would explain the blank look on the guys face at VW lol! Luke, the ones you originally fitted were far better than the tat i got off eBay!

• 3 weeks later...

I got a pair of these from a guy in the states. They were the ones with a chrome rabbit. He assured me they were OEM ( maybe US) and when they came sure enough they were OEM with part numbers. I have e-mailed him to see if he can get more and I think I've kept the packets too. Bear with me.

Chris.

USA Spec 20th Anniversary Mk4 Golf GTi

Part number: 1J0 853 675 AK 739

1J0853675AK739.jpg

Good look getting them though... You'll need a VW Dealer who has access to order Mexico Build spec parts and last I heard they were Obsolete now.

Edited by AwesomeAl