Philplops VX220!

Philplop

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The standard front tyres are 175's on 5.5J wheels, so they are very skinny. Mine are 195's on 7.5J's though. :)

My initial hope for the MOT has waned... The tosser still hasn't posted the V5 off, and I never got round to applying for it myself. The only plates I have are the plain ones with no markings on them, which my bike failed for last week. Can't get others made up without the V5. Arggh! :(

Need to phone the DVLA tomorrow...

I'm aware I keep posting crap up in here, but...

Passed it's MOT. I had to take it back for a retest as there was a wheel bolt missing. Found it in the garage with a knackered thread, so put it in about 1/4 of a turn and took it back. :lol:

Plates were no problem as the law only affects cars registered after 1st September 2001, mine is an early 2001. :D

I've texted the bloke twice about the V5 but the scottish cock hasn't replied, so it's gonna cost me £25 to apply for it myself. :angry:

Now I need to bleed the coolant system, refit the heater, refill the coolant, fit the undertray that I bought off eBay, change the lambdas and get the suspension set up.

Then I can sell the b*stard thing.

Edited by Philplop

Chris: :D

Liam, I'd love too, but the VX money will go straight back to repaying my Dad for lending me the money to buy it, which was supposed to come from selling the Lupo!

Oh, and just found out I don't need to pay for the V5 because I have the new keeper supplement. :)

Edited by Philplop

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Went out in a VXR one of these the other day, stage 4 map on it. The one featured in Redline last month i think it was. Was such an experience. Amazing cars! I've never felt power like it.