Philplops VX220!

Philplop

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm.

I stiffened it up a bit further, to 40 clicks on the front (almost as hard as they'll go), then took it for a rag down my favourite local back roads on the the way home from work and I must say it handles pretty well. Felt so fast around the corners but I think I was going slower than I used to in the Lupo. :wacko:

Was trying to get it booked in at Pure Lotus for a setup this week, but they're fully booked, so may see if I can get the tracking and camber checked somewhere else so it's ok for the Scotland Death Race this weekend.

Oh, and the engine management light's gone off. :blink: The lovely person thing better not have fixed itself cos I've just ordered £250 worth of lambda sensors!

Try Jude motor sport for your setup, they are lotus boys. they do toyota conversions aswell.............

Any details for Jude? Can't find anything on google. Cheers. Think I might go for the 340R Road geo settings...

There's a place that does VAG 1.8T conversions for Lotus' too...

New update, roof cable has snapped. Dunno how, just noticed as I was putting it in the garage. Ordered a new 'better' one though, so hopefully that comes soon!

I thought that might be the place he worked at. Just texted him now. x

Edit: He's a good lad, Luke. Getting done first thing Friday morning. :)

Edit: No it's not, someone else is booked in that he didn't know about. :(

Edited by Philplop

haha, sorry, for some reason i read that as bishop auckland! yeah, i live by the golf course, although it's not in bishop cuthbert, that's the other side of the main road.

you from around here then?

haha, sorry, for some reason i read that as bishop auckland! yeah, i live by the golf course, although it's not in bishop cuthbert, that's the other side of the main road.

you from around here then?

yeah, i live in bishop cuthbert.

I knew i recognised those houses! You will live right by andrew taylor the boro player then if you live next to the golf course? Do you still have to lupo?

• 2 weeks later...

Been out to take a few rolling shots.

IMG_7763.jpg

IMG_7723.jpg

IMG_7747.jpg

IMG_3334.jpg

IMG_3602.jpg

Just need to fit the new roof cable, align the windows, retrim and fit the doorcards and dash, fit the 2 new lambda sensors and get the suspension set up and I might be able to drive the bloody thing... :rolleyes:

I don't think this is real, is screams photoshop!

We need to see it in the real. In the meantime, park it next to a Noddy ride and take a photo of both and yourself.

Christ thats low!

You must have a ride height of about 90mm on the front there blink.gif

Looks good but its gonna end in tears when you hit a bump on full lock
I dont mind low, but its got to be even front to rear and a practical height. Just looks a bit like you have had complete front suspension failure!

That's what the VX board have to say about it. Have only had a couple of replies to my readers ride thread.

The VX should be my only car, but I've barely even driven it due to the bits that need doing, so been using my Dads car. Don't think I could hack it as an every day car.

Yep, Jon and Foxy, you are welcome to take as many photos as you like, my brother took these ones and he doesn't really know how to work the camera, thought he did well considering it's his first time on an SLR, had it on Shutter priority.

And Matty, haven't driven it due to it still not being fixed, so will hopefully have it sorted late next week!

• 3 weeks later...