Philplops VX220!

Philplop

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was really tempted actually, but most people don't know the car is called a VX, so they'd just think I was a raging homo. And I'd probably get the car keyed by some chavs or something. Just fancy a 5 digit plate that isn't car specific, I can space properly and it doesn't look like it's supposed to say something, the older the better too, so I can fit it on a mk2 or something. Full size plates on the front of VX's look stupid.

They've got G4Y VW too actually! £390...

Haha, I just read something about that paper lotus badge on the VX forum last night actually. I might do it... Print it on card, though, obviously.

Edited by Philplop

Another yellow plastic vauxhall on the forum; what great taste you have! Regarding the wheels, forget everything you learned at dub school and as matt said, don't ruin the handling. You're very limited to what wheels wheels you can actually get in 16/17 combo, mainly Team dynamics. If you want to put sticky tyres on (toyo 888's etc) then change the wheels. If not just keep the standard ones, maybe have them powder coated, get some new bridgestones and make sure the geo is sorted.

Now, go and book a track day with lots of run off, or a driver activity day and see how far you can push it and what its like when it goes!

But the wheels look poo!

We'll see. :) I can't see how it can go from being the best handling car ever to terrible by using wheels that are slightly wider. I know that a lot of skill and effort went in to deciding on the wheels and tyres, but I know better! Wheels are easily swapped back anyway, so it's not like I'd ruin it for ever.

Trust me on this - I could tell the difference if I lose a few PSI or when my geometry was slightly adjusted. They really are unbelievably sensitive to minor alterations.

If you want to change, stick to "approved" wheels that have been tried and tested. Like Max said, your very limited on choice as they're an odd fitment. And don't even think about asking on the Lotus/VX forums about fitting odd sized wheels, you'll be slaughtered :lol:

Trust me on this - I could tell the difference if I lose a few PSI or when my geometry was slightly adjusted. They really are unbelievably sensitive to minor alterations.

If you want to change, stick to "approved" wheels that have been tried and tested. Like Max said, your very limited on choice as they're an odd fitment. And don't even think about asking on the Lotus/VX forums about fitting odd sized wheels, you'll be slaughtered :lol:

MattyB's lessons in life after a VW part 1.

Lol!

I remember i dropped one right down and dialed loads of real camber in on Forza 2 on the Xbox and some VX geek had a go at me when i uploaded the snaps from the game .. and that wasn't even real :lol:

I'll tell you why I dislike them.

The fact they inform you over every spanner you will need to replace the inlet manifold to convert to a larger US item, but not mention you'll need power tools once every things removed to allow you to remove the ECU!

I dare you to ask the VX Geek/Boys about stretched tyres :lol:

Haha..yeah. Post it on SELOC. Not only do they have a big dislike of the VX220, but most of them are up their own arses. If your going to do it though, you need to be as serious as possible, or they'll just delete it.

Don't like the place myself, only went there for technical help, used my local MLOC for the social side, far less people so a better community.

Very nice looking car mate! Looks great in yellow.

I just popped onto the vx220 forum to see what these guys were like and wow...Garry.L is an utter weapon. I would LOVE to go for a drink with him. I would buy him a spoiler or something to really make his day.

Good luck on there! Dont forget your Flak jacket next time.

Jim

You're a bit in the poo if you want a decent vx forum. vx220.org.uk has suffered an influx of chavs asking for lexus lights (much like here a while back) so not the nicest place to be at the mo; great library of info if you do a search on there though. Then there's t116 which is where the people that no longer own a vx go. I'd stick to the vw social side of things!