• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it was in the 'Trash'

Moved it into Automotive chat.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...amp;hl=vauxhall

I'll be fine. Nobody's as unlucky with cars than Crusoe! :lol:

Seriously though, that's a ****ter. What was the final outcome?

The standard wheels are 5.5J on the front, no power steering. If I did change the wheels I wouldn't go wider than a 7.5J, so I should be alright. May have to have some stretch...

:lol:

Edited by Philplop

Excellent motor, another convert goes Lupo Gti > Lotus / VX220. I think they look great in yellow although it is not a colour for me. Amazing how much better simply removing 2 badges makes the car look from the rear, very well chosen modification.

Regarding wheels it depends if you want looks or handling precision. For looks keep the 17" front wheels, for handling change back to 16" front wheels.

Anymore plans for it or are you going to enjoy it for a while as it is before changing stuff?

Yeah, the badges are rubbish! I've only driven it a couple of times and yellow certainly isn't a colour for the shy! A lad yelled "Nice Car" at me a few minutes ago, the bloke in the petrol station complimented it, and an old bloke at the services asked if it was a Ferrari. :lol: Actually, I think I may have said that already. :doh:

It's jut the Lotus's that come with the 16" front wheels isn't it? I know that the "Lotus setup" is recommended as the best handling on the VX boards.

To be honest, I think that the VX is a brilliant handling car (not mine, needs new tyres and a geo set-up!) and I don't need a brilliant handling car, as long as it handles great then I'll be happy, so I might try some wider wheels, if it's crap I'll obviously take them back off again. :)

Gonna get off into the garage now to paint a few bits and bobs black, and the standard wheels will go black for now too. Gonna fit Xenon's and change the headunit (it's got a DVD player in now. What's the point? :wacko: )

Other than that I'm gonna try and not get too carried away. Will just keep an eye on what's for sale and if anything I fancy is cheap enough then I might do that.

Don't change the wheels. At all. Except for Turbo wheels, maybe. Otherwise, you'll end up ruining one of the all-time great driving cars. In these circles, its all about substance over style.

But good choice Phil, liking it alot.

But the wheels look poo!

We'll see. :) I can't see how it can go from being the best handling car ever to terrible by using wheels that are slightly wider. I know that a lot of skill and effort went in to deciding on the wheels and tyres, but I know better! Wheels are easily swapped back anyway, so it's not like I'd ruin it for ever.