VW FOX GTI

danhufc

the thing you have to take into consideration though:

1. maybe you bought a fox because you wanted a VW to be in the 'scene'?

2. maybe you bought a fox because you wanted something different than all your mates in corsas?

3. maybe you bought a fox because you actually liked the styling?

in the case of 1and 2 you should have bought a lupo, in the case of 3 you should have saved up for a golf?

And that is a heap of crap! How does a Fox directly compare to a Golf :(

This is s'posed to be a supportive forum, I'm gonna start warning folks who 'dis' the Fox.

The guy has a Fox, the guy is asking for advice, so unless you have something supportive to say: Don't bother.

OK?

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well said silver. People should be supportive!!! I have always found this to be the case but recently i feel the ed38 mentality is seeping in lol. Dont get me wrong i love ed38, its just that people on here have always been more supportive, open-minded.

In response to the original question i would get it all colour coded, smoothed, and i would love to see a fox rolling on some ronals!!!!

Ashley

• 1 year later...

i know that compared to other vw cars the fox sits as high as a 4x4 but in comparison to other non vw cars, its not that bad. My mates drive in Corsa Ds and Cs standard and not lowered and the cars all sit at the same height as the fox does... its just the body kits on them make them seem lower :)

A bit off topic but just thought id say...

i know that compared to other vw cars the fox sits as high as a 4x4 but in comparison to other non vw cars, its not that bad. My mates drive in Corsa Ds and Cs standard and not lowered and the cars all sit at the same height as the fox does... its just the body kits on them make them seem lower :)

A bit off topic but just thought id say...

a bit of an old thread too :lol:

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

disagree with some of the comments, fair enough the fox sits very high non modified but once on coils and a nice set of wheels personally i wouldnt be embrasses to own one example >>>> http://forums.maxxd....x-t-6486-2.html

you do realise the post under this one is that car, why link to another site?

Great chance for VW to relaunch the Lupo. It has the looks and can now have the latest eco friendly power units.

Call it the Lupo 11.

Was it not dropped partly because of it's great build quality and cost.

C'mon VW are you watching.

The Fox has to be the worst car I've ever put my bum in! I've had one as a courtesy car from VW for 2 weeks now and its awful! So huge and plastic and awful to drive, a GTi version would be a waste, its a rubbish car! All IMO of course.

Lauryn

Amen to that comment - just had one as a courtesy car all week - asthmatic engine, ridiculous size!!, cheap build quality and a black mark against VW for ever building it - shocking car - only redeeming quality was it cruised the motorway well!

Amen to that comment - just had one as a courtesy car all week - asthmatic engine, ridiculous size!!, cheap build quality and a black mark against VW for ever building it - shocking car - only redeeming quality was it cruised the motorway well!

I've had one as a courtesy car, as a car there's absolutely nothing wrong with them and I don't know why they get slated so much.

Just shows the general ignorance on this site, it's not overly pretty, so what?

I have also had one as a courtesy, whilst it wasnt fast, it was fun to drive (in a desperately trying to keep up momentum kind of way) on the little wheels and skinny plastic tyres.

I've had one as a courtesy car, as a car there's absolutely nothing wrong with them and I don't know why they get slated so much.

Just shows the general ignorance on this site, it's not overly pretty, so what?

there is absolutely nothing right with them in my eyes mate; they are cost-cut Euroboxes, no better than some jellymould made in Korea etc. etc.; no soul at all - and a 36 yr old man with almost twenty yrs experience of driving, and not just VW's, kinda knows what he is talking about, i've loved VW since before the mags and the 'net - i take exception at been called "generally ignorant" you clearly have no people skills chap - it's pretty much a fact that nowadays VW don't build great cars - that was the past - the greats are all history i'm afraid, and i should know, i've owned most of them (i'm talking about you mk1/2 Golf GTI and Corrado VR6...) the Lupo GTI was good, but not "great" and the MK5 Golf GTI was a good comeback to be fair, but hey, that was after many years in the GTI wilderness..doubtful i'll stay with the brand after the Lupo GTI i currently drive - nothing in their range floats my boat anymore, sadly...it's like the end of a love affair for me

there is absolutely nothing right with them in my eyes mate; they are cost-cut Euroboxes, no better than some jellymould made in Korea etc. etc.; no soul at all - and a 36 yr old man with almost twenty yrs experience of driving, and not just VW's, kinda knows what he is talking about, i've loved VW since before the mags and the 'net - i take exception at been called "generally ignorant" you clearly have no people skills chap - it's pretty much a fact that nowadays VW don't build great cars - that was the past - the greats are all history i'm afraid, and i should know, i've owned most of them (i'm talking about you mk1/2 Golf GTI and Corrado VR6...) the Lupo GTI was good, but not "great" and the MK5 Golf GTI was a good comeback to be fair, but hey, that was after many years in the GTI wilderness..doubtful i'll stay with the brand after the Lupo GTI i currently drive - nothing in their range floats my boat anymore, sadly...it's like the end of a love affair for me

Same as a lupo. . .

Mk2 16V, it was all downhill after that.

As for people skills, I'm very blunt, that is all.

Fair enough Rich; i can be pretty blunt myself :)

...r.e. Euroboxes - after getting back into the Lupo after the Fox..i soon appreciated the build quality of the Lupo as been far superior to the Fox - think i took an instant hatred to the Fox due to it's massive size (considering it was billed as the Lupo's replacement!) and non-descript looks, inside and out - i can't say that about the Lupo; in any of it's forms, i love the cheeky look of them all

shame on me for missing the MK2 16v off that list..what a car

you posted a link to another site featuring that car, which is already posted here and was one topic below this in the fox section

whats not to get?

i didnt to know that the car i posted is posted underneath this post in the fox section i have only looked at this post in the fox section so that why i never understood what you meant, so that not what to get

It was and still is a crime that VW comitted where they replaced the Lupo for the Fox. And I work for the comapny too! lol.

At our VW dealership we had one come in for a sevice, in bright yellow with black bumpers, with those awful 'barcode' seat velour. Simply awful.

The good news is. The the Fox is being replaced, either later this year or early next year with the new VW Up. There are some pictures of it on Google, I will be posting some on here when some better images are available. Basically, it looks like a round bubble with wheels on it. The ladies will probably like it, not so sure about the guys though.

Pictures to follow...........

• 12 years later...

Know I’m coming in late but have a very different opinion so thought I’d share..

The fox is my first and only car I have driven for about the past 6 years now, and must admit once you get to know it that thing is a definitely an animal. Might not been on the level of the Lupo, and admittedly does feel slightly clumsy through corners, but it has A LOT more grip than you realise..

Very fun for practicing handbrake turns in car parks, great for bombing through country lanes, amazing handling on A-roads full sending round corners in the rain, good breaking even with back drums can get from 110 down to 70 in a second, 1.4l engine sounds beautiful if you keep it in a good rev range, easy and cheap to fix if something goes wrong. Just put some alloy wheels on so it doesn’t look tacky and get a black one it does actually look half decent.

con’s- too high so when wind blows you feel it, fairly poor acceleration so not great for doing nippy manoeuvres and getting up to speed quick, basic interior, steams up easily.