Gearbox/Clutch - Strange Noise

Hi all..

Clutch started to slip in my TDI so i bought a complete 3 piece kit, and had it fitted yesterday. Drove the car and it seemed fine, and ended up doing a 200mile round trip for some wheels... Anyways, when putting the clutch pedal down, it felt a bit 'sandy or grindy' with a strange scraping type noise. I then noticed upon the car stationary, it would make a scrape/grind noise thats LOUDER than the diesel engine. But upon putting the clutch down to the floor, it goes away. I thought this was a problem due to the fitting of the clutch, thinking the release bearing was fitted incorrectly.

Cutting a long story short, i made the garage strip it all down, and replace everything (although i supplied a new release bearing at the same time).

The car still has this damn noise!!! If you move the larger gear selector on the top of the box to the point where it engages the gear, its quiet as anything, But obviously i cant adjust it like this as the cars gears will be all messed up.

On idle it sounds like a big rattle come scrape come grinding noise!!

The garage used ep75w-80 gearbox oil, and vw reccomends 75/90 for the lupo tdi. Is the VW oil thicker than the stuff the garage have used? I cant really adjust anything either as the clutch isn't cable operated.

The car went into the garage with a slipping clutch, but NO noise's, and now its the other way around... the clutch works but sounds like a german tank

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by asylumaudio

I bought a second release bearing which they fitted (only fits one way as it clips in) and it still has the noise. I have now been advised it could be something to do with the gearbox bearings, but its odd that it only happened since they fitted the clutch... maybe they dropped the gearbox on the floor ? :S

Does anyone know what gearboxes fit the 1.4 TDI or is it only the TDI box for the lupo i can use? As im scared of losing all my gears soon!