roof and wing mirrors...

HAIRBear

yoww.

defo changing the colour of my roof and wing mirrors...(hopeefully for my 18th next week) :P

going either white or cream, just looking for some opinions on which one really.

any suggestions for differant colours aswell if you like...

Lupo2.jpg

Lupo.jpg

Edited by HAIRBear

cheers for the replies guyss!

i was pretty certain on cream anyway ...even if it is 'last year' :coffee: lol but yeahh the feedback have made it definate

treblet: no worries mate, i just realised you probably couldnt do it anyway as i havnt got a photo of the car with the roof showing :L lol

was thinking of the wheel centers too yeah, will probably do that when i get the bcw's...how much money am i lookign at for a pro job?

Cheers peeps.

i think cream would look very smart matey.

id do vinyl too, 1. i think its cheaper, and 2. if it looks kak or you want to change it back etc you can do very easily :)

Rich,

^ he beat me!!!!

Edited by little rich

why would that be better dude? wouldnt painted be a better finish? :blink:

Well yeah paint would give a better paint finish, vinyl gives a different "angle" if you get my drift. It was just a random thought as over Christmas i bought about 10meters of white vinyl and am in the slow process of trying to design wing mirror covers, bonnet bra / full cover and a roof for it :P

Just realized something, i didn't mean the vinyl as in that plastic stuff, more the stuff like original mini owners covered there roofs in, its some sort of upholstery :blink: quite thick too

But yeah the plastic vinyl would be a good idea too to get a feel for whether you like the style enough to take the plunge and get the respray :)

Edited by tomnotrevo

Well yeah paint would give a better paint finish, vinyl gives a different "angle" if you get my drift. It was just a random thought as over Christmas i bought about 10meters of white vinyl and am in the slow process of trying to design wing mirror covers, bonnet bra / full cover and a roof for it :P

Just realized something, i didn't mean the vinyl as in that plastic stuff, more the stuff like original mini owners covered there roofs in, its some sort of upholstery :blink: quite thick too

But yeah the plastic vinyl would be a good idea too to get a feel for whether you like the style enough to take the plunge and get the respray :)

ooops^^^ :L

yeahh i see what you mean, so would looking into the companies that do car 'wrapping' be the types of vinyl your thinking of?

only thing is i dont think there is anywhere reasonably local that will do it...whereas there a place down the road from me that will spray..

ooops^^^ :L

yeahh i see what you mean, so would looking into the companies that do car 'wrapping' be the types of vinyl your thinking of?

only thing is i dont think there is anywhere reasonably local that will do it...whereas there a place down the road from me that will spray..

That place you sent me a link to? only a half hour drive..................... :huh:

Yeah sorry, my bad i wasn't clear at first! Yes those type of vinyl wrapping companies would be what id do if i wanted to do what your doing, but i have no idea of any I'm afraid. I'm sure Google can find some tho!

My vinyl project is a real pig to do, I'm getting my uncle to help with my roof as he covered his mini cooper's roof in brown upholstery type vinyl back in the 60's haha If you go to E38 it should be done by then lol

That place you sent me a link to? only a half hour drive..................... :huh:

even better flack...ipswich..so yeah i was wrong when i said theres not one near lol

just gave the wrapping company in ipswich a call, looking at £130 tops :D and will be in and out in a day.

If you go to E38 it should be done by then lol

haha nicee! yeahh ill be there buddy, wrapping it is mate, did you say your wrapping a bonnet bra? :confused: or did i imagine that lol ...

haha nicee! yeahh ill be there buddy, wrapping it is mate, did you say your wrapping a bonnet bra? :confused: or did i imagine that lol ...

Nahh im either going to make a bonnet bra in white to match or just wrap the whole bonnet if i have enough material left over after the roof and mirrors lol =D good luck with yours man!