BEEP Sound When engine tunred off

89james(FOX)

well ive noticed this a few times, when i come to switch my engine off there is a loud long lasting continues beep sound, and the lights are switched off before anyone say's.

so have anyone expericed this or have heard of this probelm?

Jay

finally someone else with the issue lol

mine does it every now and then... the first time I noticed it is when I pulled into a motorway services too quick and the ABS kicked in lol. when I turned off the engine it did this beep thing for about 1-2 seconds

only done it about 10 times since then in 15000 miles :P

I dont Know what it is but its not and idicator on, i dont know where is comes from and my stero is facotry fitted. the thing is it only happnes now and again i dont expect it every time, and i havent got and ipod plugged in,

does anyone know what this could be?

Many thanks once again lads

• 3 months later...

i get this too.. its not the handbrake or seatbelt or the parking lights or the headunit... i think abs is the most likely.. if you turn the car off while you are breaking (with the car still moving) that might have something to do with it... not sure tho..

Edited by ermmurray

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have had this low pitch beep on and off, VW have no idea as all dealers will say "cannot hear it or find a fault" It is normally heard if you have your foot still on the brake pedal once stopped after moderate to heavy braking but not every time! You can hear it while driving once you know what listen out for. :lol: It is in fact the ABS pump, a very noisy one at that. To test this if you keep your foot on the pedal once you hear the noise and have stopped the pump will after a while stop making the noise and the pedal will then lower!

Hope this stops you from thinking your mad like I did :lol:

• 4 years later...

Has anyone figured out what this is yet? i've had it a couple times when parking up in front of my house but i have never heard where it is coming from. I dont see any lights coming on in the dash area and there doesn't seem to be any sort of pattern to when it makes this noise :(

This is a 4 year old post so I presume someone found out what the problem was and solved it.

I'd imagine you might have left an indicator on while parking and switched the ignition off, it'll leave a side light on but not show any dash lights.

• 3 weeks later...

I am also experiencing this lol! I do have an aftermarket headunit but I don't think it is that... It is completely random.. its about two seconds long, It always confuses me and I don't know why it does it. It is definitely not the indicators / lights I think it has something to do with me switching the car off when its still rolling..?