Arosa-Lupo GTI Turbo

Tigz™

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car was a accident repairable Arosa, which Cliff had started to rebuild back to Lupo GTI Spec.

The car still had the 1.0 Arosa engine in at the time.

We will provide a full write up into what work was required to get the car through the VOSA inspection.

project.jpg

Pretty damn cool. Looking forward to seing this beauty in the future, and racing it :lol:

Not racing you until I build the second engine I have with forged internals like yours :wub:

Then I can up the boost and we can have some fun...

But for now its only going to be running modest boost (not done pistons/rods) most everything else is done...

B)

Seeing all the forced induction lupo's at the moment is making me dead jealous, i cant wait to get out of uni and get some real money flowing to get stuck into something new and funky on my loop =D cant wait for more info on this one!

Thing is, if you start working on another one, will yours ever be finished? :P

Sounds daft but, this is more complete than mine.

The wiring which Pete is using is only from two cars - 1.0 and GTI, where as mine is a mixture of three cars - 1.0, 1.4 and GTI.

It was much easier to make sense of what wring is needed and where it should go, so in theory when mine comes back it shouldn't take as long to work out.

The throttle linkage is one of the last fabrication jobs on mine, so its been a big help to have both our heads there to work out what to do. Again this should now save time when I get back on with mine.

Until mine is painted theres not much more I can do, it seems pointless making the trip to scotland until the paints dried.

Sounds daft but, this is more complete than mine.

Well it was untill you got ur hand on it....

But as Andi said its pretty much there...

So a few brackets to fabricate then its time to stip it down to a shell ready for paint...

Maybe I should do a bare metal respray.... :lol: