Were is the gromit in the bulkhead

FLO7LXJ

• 2 months later...
look on the bulkhead where the rear screen wash pipe goes though this is just next to the abs pump i drilled through next to the pipe

what did yu use to make the hole? just a standard drill?

i wouldnt drill, it may rust and be prone to let crap through. Just look for what Tigz said, and maybe slice the gromit a little to got your stuff thro. should be water tight then :)

battery.jpg

gromit.jpg

there is a small rubber plug you can take out and cut the end off so you can put the cable through with the hole still being waterproof.. (1)

then pull up the rubber seal (2) and pull up the plastic cover (no need to pull it off just pull it up so you can fit your hand through..)

then you should see a small hole with a painted bit of rubber in(3).. take this out, make a hole in it, then push the cable through.

then put the cable with the second plug through the hole... push about 2 foot through..

you then need to have a look and a feel around in the passengers footwell for the cable.. if you cant find it then you need to take the cable out and put it through again trying to make it point down..

when it comes through (4) you can hide it under the plastic door sill and feed it to the boot (or whereever the sub is located)

cable.jpg

sub.jpg

Edited by ermmurray

Thanks every one. the pics are perfect ermmurray.

Maybe this could be made a sticky for anyone else that needs it.

ermmurray what size is your fly trap and how have you straped it down?

Edited by FLO7LXJ

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I cant seem to get the power wire into the passenger footwell from the bulkhead. It seem's it's catching on something on the way down. Is their any specifi direction i should try push it through?

it really is just trial and error.. theres quite a thick carpet that you have to get it over.. maybe its getting stuck down the back of that... sorry i cant be more help..

• 9 months later...

I cant seem to get the power wire into the passenger footwell from the bulkhead. It seem's it's catching on something on the way down. Is their any specifi direction i should try push it through?

If you open the passenger door and look down the gap between the door and the car with the bonnet open you can see light. I threaded mine down there and it comes out next to the battery.

I then cut a hole in the rubber slive protecting the door speaker cabled and ran the cable through the car like that.

Hope this helps

• 6 years later...