Wndows opening on their own!

Byron went to change my sidelight bulbs last night, and took the full beam one out by mistake and broke it - he pinched bulbs from various other cars in the unit and it wouldn't work with any of them. (The bulb inside the headlight wasn't working, and the xenon wasn't flashing either - is this because the other bulb isn't working?)

So we proceeded to change the sidelight bulbs and all of a sudden passengers window goes down!!! I put it back up and intermittently it kept going back down. We finished changing the bulbs - the full beam on the passengers side still not working - locked the car and after a few mins both windows went down! We tried leaving locked and unlocked for different lengths of time and after a few misn they went down.

We pulled out all the fuses for lights and windows, checked them all - fine - and put them back in. We left the car for different periods of time and the windows stayed up - sorted!

... or not! I took the car home and asked Byron to check it when he came up the road - all was fine. I went out this morning to go to work and both windows were open!!! (For how long I don't know) I drove to work and they never went down over the 25 mile journey, parked up and locked the car. Checked it half an hour later and the windows were down! I went out to put them up and by the time I got the key out and opened the door they were on their way down again.

Help please!!! Any ideas??? Are the window issues related to the bulb being out, or is this an unfortunate coincidence?

the windows can come down if you turn the key and hold it in that position not sure on lupo's but passat's do this mine was a fault on lock mechanism.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Will have a look tonight.

the windows can come down if you turn the key and hold it in that position not sure on lupo's but passat's do this mine was a fault on lock mechanism.

The windows opening and closing with the key is working fine - I put the windows back up with the key hoping this might sort the problem, but they still went back down again after a few mins. :angry:

How did you find out the fault was with the lock?