Alloy thieves!

CJlupo

If crims want something they'll get it.

My mates unit got broke into last night, another mates unit broken into the week before. Both times all that was pinched were wheels, leaving very expensive tools.

Makes you wonder what kinda people are also in the scene with us.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If crims want something they'll get it.

My mates unit got broke into last night, another mates unit broken into the week before. Both times all that was pinched were wheels, leaving very expensive tools.

Makes you wonder what kinda people are also in the scene with us.

I'm with you on that Liam

..a lot of Mk1 trim bits have been going missing on the local forum recently makes me sad to think people do that kind of thing to fellow enthusiasts :angry:

I'm with you on that Liam

..a lot of Mk1 trim bits have been going missing on the local forum recently makes me sad to think people do that kind of thing to fellow enthusiasts :angry:

I agree. But there will always be some dick who ruins it for everyone else :(

I personally think its to do with where you live or leave the car. (Obviously units are a different matter as on a night most plp wont be in them)

My mate has a seirra cosrworth and he has two locking wheel nuts on each wheel just to be safe, but as said if thieves want them they'll take them.

But if your car is parked in a nice area/estate/on your drive your not as likely i think to have stuff nicked from your car, as you are if you live in a **** hole. As the majority of thieves live in **** holes anyway, and will walk past these cars and think i'll have a go at that later.

As for one of the previous posts, about the guy being in tears. It is bad luck that they were nicked and i'd be gutted i'm sure. But wouldnt they be covered by the insurance? if he had delcared them?

I know you would lose your no claims but it could be worth it if the wheels were expensive.....

Just my thoughts

As for one of the previous posts, about the guy being in tears. It is bad luck that they were nicked and i'd be gutted i'm sure. But wouldnt they be covered by the insurance? if he had delcared them?

I know you would lose your no claims but it could be worth it if the wheels were expensive.....

Just my thoughts

No he hadnt declared them lol. His fault i know but still a gut wrenching thing to happen.

[quote name='Clairey Fairy' Im scared of sounding like a snob now but surely this doesnt actually happen?

Lol unfortunatly this does happen. Theres plenty of money to be made from it and no proof they are stolen and there is almost no way they can get caught. My friend went out for a meal with his girlfriend and came back to his car stood on bricks and he had only bought them a week before. He actually broke down into tears because of the amount he had spent on them. They were 17" BBS RX's. It kind of puts me off spending much on rims which ruins it for me. He did have lock-in wheel nuts but somehow they still got them off. Maybe they had the same nuts therefore the same key? not sure how it works but its quite scarey lol im not really from what i consider to be a rough area (Doncaster).

OMG, I live near there. In some places its ok. :P I wanted to buy some new ones but am affraid of this happening to...ahh well :D

Yea. Its ok if your in a carpark thats under CCTV survailance because its likely the thief will be driving a car himself so u can track his licence plate (if the car isnt stolen aswell lol).

Dont even need a stolen car, just a ford focus or mondeo with same plates as another in the same colour.