New stereo wiring issues on a mk1 arosa :) ???

I had a great day...spent lots of money buying a new (half price) stereo from halfords, (who offered to fit it for me NEXT WEEK!!???) so i got home, removed the tape player that was in there, and it wasnt actually attached!!!! I thought it was just broken....

So we started rumaging around the back for the wires..and some arse has just cut out their previous stereo!!!!!

So...does anyone know which wires i have to connect to which other wires to get the bloody thing to work?

Why can people just wire things in/out as the instructions say!!!!??

the new stereo is labled up ie dashboard left etc...but the ones attached to the car are just pretty colours! so it looks like im gunna have to solder them all together.....when i find out which ones go where!!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jo :rolleyes:

Edited by trouserarosa

HAHA auto electrician my ass you should be able to work it really easy.

There will be 2 power wires one should be on all the time the other comes on when the ignition is on, easy enough to test with a multimeter

or 12v tester probe. The wire thats always live is probably a thicker wire than the one off the ignition.

Then then the earth is probably the same size as the main power wire

There is a wire for the illumination again not hard to find with a tester when you put the lights on

After that you need to just play around with the speaker wires to find what side is what or just run some better new cable

as for the connector in the first pic i have no idea what that is all though its the same thickness as the aerial should be. If there is

no aerial then thats what it may be

In the Lupo they are as follows:

For the speakers, Blue should be front left(+ve), brown/blue stripe(-ve)

Red is front right(+ve), brown/red stripe(-ve)

Thick red wire is permanent live

Thick brown is ground

Illumination is grey with blue stripe

Switched live is half brown/half red

Make sure you check them with a multimeter first though! If it goes wrong don't blame me ;)