superlupo's 1.8T project!

Guest `sps-si`

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doh!

Never thought of that lol

If you the job has been done well enough, theres no reason why you cant get an independant assesser in to check of the work, that proof will help with your insurance I would have thought, as it does with a kit car.

ihavent rung my insurance company to get a quote yet.. i figured if i found out how much i was gonna have to fork out before i gave the car over to si i wouldn't have done it.. can't put it off forever tho so when i get a quote i'll post it up smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

tigz, when you spoke to the guy from venom at E38.. did he say what the car was like to drive at all?? just wonderin if he said anythin about major handlin differences before and after. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yes mate, I spoke to him about this, as Ive always thought 200bhp would be the maxium "usalble" power in a small front wheel drive car (I know people dissagree, this is just my opinion)

The weight issue isnt really the porblem with his, I asked him if he could use it as a daily drive, and he said he couldnt.

There is too much power. He has no traction, and it is pretty lairy.

300 and a bit bhp is not that much, by todays standard.

You see it in Corsas now FFS.

A lad from Rotherham, a member off Corsa Crazy I know has a 2 litre Turbo and uses t every day.

I cant remember how much but Im pretty sure its around 240bhp and he drives it every day without a problem.

This is going to sound really stupid, but Im sure it could be done by someone who wasnt scared to take on a challenge.

With wider arches, and a wider track a 4 wheel drive system could be fitted surely?

Then no matter how high you tune it, the traction problem is cured.

i could be done but id would surly have to be a custom job as the lupo is the same chassis as the polo and niether has a 4wd varient. [unfortunatly.. sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> ]

it's just a case of money i guess.

im expecting 1st, 2nd and most of 3rd to be a waste of time but im more interested in like 50 - 100 than `0-60`. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

im gonna try and use the car as much as i can because realistically it's only as fast as you drive it but my one saving grace is there's another car im my family i can drive.. i think the temptation of 200 odd brake is gonna be too much tho. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

does a lupo have a subframe in the front like the mk2/3/4 golfs ? so when they transplant an engine to the rear, all you gotta go is weld in the subframe ? just curious wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Guest `sps-si`

no the lupo engine is side mount. we have to use corrado 16v rear mounts and construct a subframe for them which also ties to the wishbones to tighten up the front.

i would have a go at a rear mount engine. done it before in other cars!

Guest `sps-si`

the only update at the min. is oh ******!

new challange is to make the lupo work with a hydralic clutch release as forund on the 1.8t gearbox...mmm fun! apart from that just lining it all up. nothing really to take pics of yet but stay tuned!