want cheap insurance?!

Steve TDI

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's something dodgy about it my parents have looked into it for my bro's first car the only phone number is in the legal jargon and it's £1 a minute there's something wrong there and if u research the worldmoney thing you have to pay through it is renowned for being involved in scams and things unfortunately too good to be true I reckon they'll take your money and run away with it a farmer did it once a few years ago took loads of peoples money and when they come to claim their insurance means nothing it's just sonething he has made up on his computer

I found this quote on the Money Saving expert website!!

"Yes I believe that legally if they make an error then they can cancel it (they might have to give you notice and not jsut stop it instantly).

There have been other cases where for example there has been an LCD TV advertised for £9.99 rather than £999 and the companies are not legally bound to provide the product if it's clearly a mistake."

You would not find me buying that insurance policy... In my experience if it sounds too good to be true it ususally is.

papers for the policy we took out came through today from ecar

due to trading laws if they advertise something at a certain price they have to give you what is advertised, for instance adsa.com advertised a pack of lager for 99p which was a mistake but they had to sell it or take it off sale

papers for the policy we took out came through today from ecar

due to trading laws if they advertise something at a certain price they have to give you what is advertised, for instance adsa.com advertised a pack of lager for 99p which was a mistake but they had to sell it or take it off sale

incorrect, as once stated on the tesco website when they listed the xbox 360 at the wrong price (£150 when it had just be released)

in the contract there is nothing that binds them to selling you the product, so therefore they can refund you your money and tell you to "jog on"

insurance companies have pretty much the same thing, so they dont have to do anything :) they are much more clever than you so they will obviously have something in the contract stopping this from happening...

will c what happens anyways spoke to some people on a forum that have had the policy since 2007 with no problems

And how many of them have crashed and claimed.

Its amazing what **** people will believe just because someone on the net told them it was true/worked.

And i bet these two bit solicitors who are saying its legal get paid far more than the platoon of solicitors the insurance companies have.

And as stated from Anna ( who gave advice in the other thread and works in insurance) they can cancel whenever they want and everything and i mean everything is written up in the contract is in their favour.

They will not allow that kind of policy go at that price when in theory they could end up paying out hundreds of thousands on a major accident if people are killed and expensive cars are wrote off , its all calculated on risk.

Edited by scotty_82

of course they do, other wise every bloody insurance company would do it....

sorry sir your insurance should of been £10 more expensive, sorry to dissapoint you but your insurance has been cancelled and that damage you have just caused writing off the ferrari you will have to pay yourself!

they cant do that, if youve got the insurance and they havent cancelled it yet then of course there have to pay out if you crash.

i think were forgetting something more important here, when someone does crash the insurance company still wont have to pay out because you havent got the braided brake hoses you said you had

That's what I was going to say. If you haven't actually got the braided hoses you've lied.

I pay less than £200 for the GTi anyhow with all mods declared so I don't care, but if you read your policy correctly the company reserves the right to cancel. I'm sure any insurance inspector/examiner can find a reason to void the policy if required.

The thing is you think your pulling scam, but I bet the company is a bigger scammer than you'll ever dream to be.

Never scam a scammer/kid a kidder!!!

Threads merged...

of course they do, other wise every bloody insurance company would do it....

sorry sir your insurance should of been £10 more expensive, sorry to dissapoint you but your insurance has been cancelled and that damage you have just caused writing off the ferrari you will have to pay yourself!

they cant do that, if youve got the insurance and they havent cancelled it yet then of course there have to pay out if you crash.

Don't you know when to give up? :rolleyes:

If you haven't paid what the insurance agrees should be the full price of your policy, the insurance policy won't pay you out...

they may pay you some, but if they do its most likely they will take the difference off the sum they will be paying, seen it done all the time at work & have seen many people fail & try to blame the insurance company, it all ends in misery, they aren't stupid...

as with all insurance companies someone will check the documentation, thats like when putting down your no claims i could say i have 50 years worth?

but they are obviously gonna check & find out i haven't got that many

It didnt work for me, i put in all my current policy details and i pay £595 with zurich, and i drive a 1.0l lupo and im on my dads insurance. i checked it out, it didnt even come up with that company for a start lol. and it said my cheapest was with the post office at £1400 !! yeah rite, ill be sticking with zurich lol xxx

my other half has a 106 gti and is a member of there website there was a post on there about insurance... on comparethemarket.com if you put in the modifications bit that you have braided brake hoses they will insure your vehicle for near £200 it worked for my other half

make sure you get the hoses or insurance will b void lol

I have just been on ` ecar ` insurance website to check it out without comparethemarket. and its true, it is cheaper, but i dont trust it i mean, ive put in all my correct details and i havnt put the `braided brake hoses` modification on my policy quote and it came up with a price for £202.12 seems a bit cheap for a 17 year old.. hmm. seen as though i think im paying a fair price at the moment for my loop at £595.