Pure filth!

Alex_225

I know its been said already but the back end of the Lupo must have been designed in a wind tunnel to make sure it gets as dirty as possible!! :lol:

Drove my Loop down the motorway last night, about 45 minutes each way. Ended up looking like this -

4-1.jpg

At least things thawed out today, including the hose pipe so I was able to make it look like this -

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

i had to drive from cornwall to london and back for a funeral and i cleaned my car before i went. i literally had to pull over 3 times to clean my headlights as they were so dirty no light was getting through. and yes you couldnt even see my number plate at the back.grrrrr

A pressure washer is a God send in this weather, takes the risk out of scratching when washing and just makes it so much easier when its like that!

The sh!t that they stick down on the roads to stop it freezing up is what makes the car completely black. Just gotta get the stuff off as often as you can.

It just proves how cap the car is aerodynamically, blunt end cars have so much drag because of a big wake.

The more airodynamic the car is the less you have to clean it. Good laminar flow will means that more of the muck is

taken over the car and does not hit the car its self.

A pressure washer is a God send in this weather, takes the risk out of scratching when washing and just makes it so much easier when its like that!

The sh!t that they stick down on the roads to stop it freezing up is what makes the car completely black. Just gotta get the stuff off as often as you can.

The only downside is they totally destroy tyres.

That's not too bad mate! Leave it for a few more weeks, black as fooook, see -

Photo-0008.jpg

The back of a Lupo is a total pain to keep clean though, I don't really like cleaning cars, and that bit just pissed me off so much!

We cleaned my mate's TT roadster and VR today, one bucket method and fairy liquid, we're detailing kings. The VR was a browny shade of white!

You call that dirty?! :lol:

You're the second person to say that haha. Personally I can't stand a dirty car although it does have two layers of Collinite wax so it came off really easily!!

LiamD - tut tut tut using Fairy Liquid, that sh!t is just bad for the paintwork. :rolleyes:

I think mudflaps must do something to the aerodynamics because mine never gets as dirty these days as before I fitted them....

I love the torrential rain that arrived last night, the Arosa is looking almost clean again and with no effort from me :lol:

Edited by lunalupi

LiamD - tut tut tut using Fairy Liquid, that sh!t is just bad for the paintwork. :rolleyes:

I know, the lad who's car it is loves it though, we're kinda anti-detailing though.

It's Tesco value stuff so it shouldn't be as bad as Fairy :lol:

Yeah Its genuine, I haven't washed it since the sun shone last.

In hindsight, it was stupid, funny at the time.

I want to get the polishing mop out in the summer, hopefully that and some elbow grease should have my car looking as nice as it did the day it came out the factory. I've been less inclined to look after it after someone left a dent the entire length of my rear quarter in tescos. :angry::angry:

Edited by DAS HAPPIWAGEN

Yeah, I'm guessing they tried to swing in one movement but without going wide enough

most people would have thought "shLit, ive hit that car" and reverse, but it looks like this bloke just went "fLuck it, I'm halfway in now" but there wasn't anyone there when I got back

:confused: thought that was the point of mud flaps!

Yeah they are but on the back I would imagine they are more to do with preventing spray for the driver behind you as well. I'd imagine the shape of the Lupo being such that it wouldn't make loads of difference. :(

When I changed jobs last year I had to start driving on many more narrow country lanes so I fitted mud flaps to mine thinking it would stop the grim build up, I can report that they have made little to no effect except I now have to clean them too. With the current weather I am washing it daily.

Rather annoyingly the muck gets caught on the inside of the flap which will just wash off if its still wet but often you have to scrub them I have numerous shirts with black cuffs now.