Autosport Show

CasperGTI

Last time I went, went a little like this...

*Walk round show

*Blag goes of cars on the BRCA stand

*Get bored very quickly

*Audition for Big Brother

*Take photos of promo girls.

Not going this year though, lack of coin :(

P1100361.jpg

P1100365.jpg

P1100366.jpg

P1100368.jpg

P1100369.jpg

P1100372.jpg

Thought I had more pics of this bus, but can't find them, was absolutely immaculate, and up for auction.

P1100373.jpg

P1100374.jpg

P1100379.jpg

P1100382.jpg

Me in the simulator! Beat my brothers laptime by 40s, even if I did spend most of the time head on into the barriers!

P1100384.jpg

P1100385.jpg

P1100386.jpg

P1100387.jpg

P1100388.jpg

P1100389.jpg

P1100390.jpg

P1100391.jpg

P1100392.jpg

P1100399.jpg

P1100397.jpg

Thats alot busyer than it was on the friday when i went.

I took about 130 photos, i dont have a clue which ones to put up....

This had to be my favourite car, and then the most crazy car..

P1020560.jpg

The rocco in white was lovley, i really really like this car more an more every time i see one.

P1020628.jpg

This car was rediculous.. i spoke to the owner.. its a 1.3 hayabusa turbo with variable boost, can vary between 220bhp and 550bhp at the flywheel dependant on the boost. It also weighs 450kgs, so you do the maths.. thats bugati beating power!

But the suspension was the best bit, i cant remember the name of it but it its awesome, the wishbones are counter connected so that when the body starts to roll in a corner, the opposite corner top wishbone moves in a way to stop the outside wheel's camber changing and loosing grip, ingenious!

Was absolutely hectic, pushing through people everywhere.

Spoke to the guy that built the 2 seater coupe based on an impreza, cant for the life of me remember what it was called, but that had 2 power settings at the flick of the switch, both about the same as that 7.

There was loads of 'roccos about, couldn't believe how low the roofline was on alot of them, alot lower than the golfs.

The pro-drive variable compression engine was good to see working. Went to a lecture by one of the engineers a while ago and couldn't understand a word of it, but seeing it work cleared alot up.

There wasnt much VW stuff, although there was a 1.9TDI lupo that was in a 24 hour race of some kind. Different front end aswell, pretty neat. and a rally school that used a sport lupo too. Plenty of porkas though, more than you could shake a stick at infact.

And the show, the grasstrack minis that pulled wheelies, they were awesome. the new focus RS looks lovley too.

Too much stuff was there, suprised i managed to get round it all in one day.

I spoke to the bloke from prodrive about that engine, it took me a while to actually work hout how it worked... so clever, im suprised it hasnt been though of before.

More photos to follow:

Edited by CasperGTI

I spoke to the bloke from prodrive about that engine, it took me a while to actually work hout how it worked... so clever, im suprised it hasnt been though of before.

Apparently Saab did try it once, but im not sure what happend?

quick google brings this up: SVC

• 2 weeks later...

Was an ok show. Glad I had free passes as I would have been pissed to pay £29!

No one take any shots of the Alfa Mito on the santa pod stand on red tyres.....first modified mito, goes quite well ;)