Lupo GTI or Clio 182?

Chris Dunderdale

As you say, only drivers seat is height adjustable so the passenger does feel somewhat high. Then again, who gives a feck about the passengers!! lol Good seats just not well positioned.

Although hunid-brake, I'm not sure that they hit over 200bhp that easily to be honest. A lot of them don't make the full 172/182bhp. Throttle bodies is the way forward with them though, 220bhp no problem or if you've got a spare £5k tubo conversion will hit 270bhp.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The RenaultSport Twingo would definitely be the closest Renault rival to the Lupo GTI. If you're looking at size categories then the Polo is the same class as the Clio.

Although I think the original post was related to which one would you choose out of a Lupo GTI and a Clio 182. :)

yer i suppose, just for anyone & the guy really tbh,

i know of someone on my msn selling a 172(not 182 i know) with 49k for £4000? Just if you do get tempted :)

There is very little difference between a 172 and 182 to be honest. Slightly difference wheels and the twin exhaust pipes on the back ratehr than a hidden exhaust.

172 looks more subtle but performance wise there's very little in it. I have driven the 182 Cup and owned a 172, in most circumstances you couldn't tell the difference, except the interior on the Cup version isn't as good as the 'full fat' models.