Woolworths (for technology of course)

bjblyth

I went in, picked up 3 Blu Ray discs with 50% off, got to the counter to be told they didnt have them in stock!!! :( they weren't display cases either!

I think lots of people were nicking stuff in the end, because they were putting actual stock on the shelves.

If the company you work for has gone bust and you're losing your job - I guess you don't care if you see someone take something and walk out, and it's not like they are in a position to hire a security firm!!

Shame though because real, genuine member of society lose out!!

They were selling everything in the Aberdeen store... shelves, shop fittings, the massive floor standing display fridges, the lot! (I wouldnt be surprised if they'd sold the tills!)

It looked like someone had set a bomb off in the middle of the shop by the end of the day. There was stuff just lying everywhere and none of the staff would clean it up, why would they, its not as if they would get sacked for it!!

ive just lost my job at woolworths :(

got almost a grand towards the lupo from them and then the close and i loose my job :angry:

they're selling everything in the burton store. the day it closes is 90% off ;)

id still rather have my job though :/

hopefully hear back from coors about an apprenticeship :D

got HDMI cable from woolies for £7 so I have a pretty decent deal. I didn't realise the Arcade model came with a wireless controller either, so that's a cool bonus! Just need the hard drive, but after xmas I expect I can find a cheap one of those, and I'm not too arsed if it's 2nd hand.

Bought FIFA09 last night and played that in HD = bliss!

Will try and get online ASAP but I think I'm going to need that stupidly expensive wireless adapter.

My gamertag is 'bjblyth' by the way if anyone uses xbox live

i have added you mate

Well I finished Womb Raider today, loved it but over far to quick and pretty easy.

So Im on with Gears of War 2 now. I went to look for a new game and was after Silent hill homecoming, but ****ey Blockbuster didnt have it, so thought meh, play what I have.

My store is not due to close untill the 5th but today i saw them loading all the DVD's into the back of a van! I went in there and all thats left is a few crappy CD's and some kids clothing :angry:

Persistence pays off.... I kept goin in n today I got Cloverfield Blu Ray for £9.88 and Magicians DVD for £3.50.

Does Cloverfield in Blu-Ray give you a high definition headache instead of just a normal headache? :lol:

My store is not due to close untill the 5th but today i saw them loading all the DVD's into the back of a van! I went in there and all thats left is a few crappy CD's and some kids clothing :angry:

I think some small retailers bought ALL entertainment stock from some stores att 50% to take back to their own shops and sell full price. You may have seen someone doing this in their own van with Woolies staff helping.

My Woolies has no 360 games left :(

So I got the new Guitar Hero from Argos for £48 incl guitar ;)

The company that supplied Zavvi were also Woolworths suppliers. When Woolworths went bump, "Entertainment UK" also went belly up due to the 180 day credit terms that they gave woolworths as a client.

This caused Zavvi to go bump as they no longer had a supplier for the goods that they sell and other suppliers for some reason would not take Zavvi on as a client.

As far as I'm aware any remaining DVD's and CD's will be going to Zavvi for their remaining stores to sell...