lupo seems to be having a weeeeeee

most likely you've popped the washer pipe off next to ther reservoir

the nozzle was probably frozen forcing pressurized water down it and that's one of the weakest places to go just trace the pipe from the water pump on your washer bottle back till you find the pipe off and pop the pipe back on :D easy fix.

(if you dont want it to pop off again put a jubilee or similar type clip around it clamping it onto the pipe but beware that if it happens again the pipe will pop off somewhere else along the line)

hope this helps

tom

Edited by tomflyer

If you put more screenwash in then it will freeze at a lower temperature, which will stop the pipe popping off in future.

Also GTi's and Sports have heater washer jets! They come on with the rear window demister B)

If you put more screenwash in then it will freeze at a lower temperature, which will stop the pipe popping off in future.

Also GTi's and Sports have heater washer jets! They come on with the rear window demister B)

I didn't know this, next time its cold I'll give it a go

Cheers

• 4 years later...

I've just had this same problem, following the last very cold spell (only just got around to fixing it). I found the location of the dislodged joint (thanks to this site) hidden behind the nearside plastic rear boot/shelf support trim, just above the rear n/side wheelarch. There is a joint there (along with an electrical multi-block connector) wrapped in some grey foam - the joint had been pushed apart completely, so must have been thoroughly frozen. I thought I had fixed the problem with that repaired, but unfortunately the cold had also ruined the rear wiper motor/spray nozzle assembly - took that apart and found the small metal pipe that goes through the spindle had also frozen and was damaged beyond repair - new wiper motor required, but at least I can fix it myself.

Had the same problem as described. It was the pipe connection in the panel by the passenger rear seat. If you take the cloth panel (or card ) just above the storage box you will see the pipe coming from the washer bottle has a connector that connects to the pipe to the rear wiper motor. If you check you should notice one of the pipes was not connected (or looses) to the connector hence a wet floor and no water coming out from the rear wiper!

I connected pipe and used emergency tape to wrap round the connector and had no wee since!

Hope this helps.