Definitive Coilover Thread

heartagram

Well some cheap FK's don't even have the adjuster, so fixed height rear, but just avoid FK's all togeather.

Just put my APs on yesterday as I heard nothing but good reports about them it's an awesome quality kit I've been in a loop with TA technix and thought it was horrendous stay clear of them, and FKs all you hear of is peoples rear dampers blowing.

Well some cheap FK's don't even have the adjuster, so fixed height rear, but just avoid FK's all togeather.

tbh i've been contemplating coilovers for a while and narrowed it down to either the cheap ebay jobbies OR APs.. do i spend £400 odd once or buy cheap n probably end up buying twice & eventually spend the £400 anyway.. :lol:

• 4 months later...

I ended up getting mine from awesome for £410 posted, I must say the service I received was absolutey brilliant.

No! Some on rear are like front. AVO made a set for our rally lupo and you dont use rear spring platform.

Edited by Bikerz

• 2 weeks later...

Wanting to change coils as I'm fed up of the absolute piss poor ride on TAs for a daily at the height I want to run it; but more bothered about looking like a nob bouncing down the road over even the slightest of uneven surfaces

Looking for the opinions of people who have had multiple brands on their loops and those who have run the 'better' brands without helper springs/without adjusters/low.

So any and all info you've got would be real useful! :D

EDIT: Looking for a setup that can have me arch to rim on 15x8 195/45/15 (obviously I dont need to run at that height

Currently most interested in getting with KW V1s or FK silverlines

Is it true that the KWs can get you lower than most other setups though?

Edited by max West-York

• 2 weeks later...

Fitted my Weitec Hicon GT's today and I am very pleased with them. I wasn't sure what the ride would be like with coilovers. I was half expecting to be shaking about with my teeth falling out when going over potholes, but half of the time it doesnt feel much different, but when you want to push it, the handling is excellent. Would highly recommend this kit, based on comfort and handling.

Fitted my Weitec Hicon GT's today and I am very pleased with them. I wasn't sure what the ride would be like with coilovers. I was half expecting to be shaking about with my teeth falling out when going over potholes, but half of the time it doesnt feel much different, but when you want to push it, the handling is excellent. Would highly recommend this kit, based on comfort and handling.

Ill be getting the same suspension from Awsome in the next week or so, Nic do you have the rear antiroll bar?

Its the best money I have spent by far in terms of improving road holding.

Regards

Angelo

Ill be getting the same suspension from Awsome in the next week or so, Nic do you have the rear antiroll bar?

Its the best money I have spent by far in terms of improving road holding.

Regards

Angelo

No I haven't, but it's certainly on the list of things to buy! :)

• 1 month later...

KWs are rated as the best coilovers you can get.

As long as you give the struts a clean every now and again they'll stay in perfect knick.

My APs are still hand adjustable after two years of negelct.

Ohlins? ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I just bought a Ta - Technix set and had it fitted on Sat :)

The only issue is the back of my Arosa, is still not as low as I want it to be. What should I do ? any way to change springs or any suggestions ?

Front of the Car looks fine.

Thanks

Adjusters out? if so - youre looking at either rewelding the bottom of the spring cup lower (dont know if this would work or not) or changing them for different springs. FK springs are known to be shorter and stiffer than coilovers for other brands.

Failing both of them..

BOSCH ANGLE GRINDER.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/COIL-OVER-COILOVER-VW-LUPO-ADJUSTABLE-SUSPENSION-/180752818319?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2a15b5208f

These seem to be the cheapest coilovers I have seen. Hottuning! This company used to flood the E30zone website advertsing their stainless exhaust manifold. Obviously they are cheap as chips for coilovers so one would expect quality in the region of the others mentioned? Anyone running these or had experiences with them? I have heard of some bad stories about the company and the quality of their products, but I am considering these as a cheap method of lowering my car for road use only.

All the bottom of the pile coilovers are just the same stuff with different stickers.

They'll be harsh/bouncy, prone to corrosion and more likely to blow when running at their extreme lowering.

Oh and this bit of the add "Height can be adjusted without affecting shock stroke length" is ****.