heartagram

Definitive Coilover Thread

I want to lowered a lupo but id like a bit of comfort

I know budget coilovers are bouncy as a mate ha ta coilovers on his vento

So i was thinking v-maxx as i heard good reveiws from mates but what about them on a lupo ?

vmax are the same as the ta ones.. pretty much all the budget ones are made in the same factory in the netherlands and then sent out the door with a different branded sticker..

vmax are the same as the ta ones.. pretty much all the budget ones are made in the same factory in the netherlands and then sent out the door with a different branded sticker..

how come they are much more expensive??

different brands put different markups for when they set there RRP. They may not necessarily get them in at the same price due to volumes etc. trade discounts they offer retailers can also vary restricting how much a retail outlet can supply to a customer at.

Edited by Kam Racing

different brands put different markups for when they set there RRP. They may not necessarily get them in at the same price due to volumes etc. trade discounts they offer retailers can also vary restricting how much a retail outlet can supply to a customer at.

Are FK streets considered budget? They're £40 more than joms, are they worth that extra £40?

They all go pretty low.

If you want silly lows, you're gonna need custom springs and/or air bags.

Thanks I'll just get JOMs or prosport ones as they're cheap

If you are mainly concerned with lows then joms/ta technix/whateveryoucanfindthecheapest is the way forward

Has anyone here had any experiences with Spax RSX? I'm looking for some coilovers with good adjustability for track use. I would like to go with KW but they don't offer V3 for GTI :unsure: Spax seems to have the adjustability that I'm looking for. I just don't know how are they against corrosion and how is the quality? Also are there camber plates available for GTI? I have seen some been installed here but they all seem to require a lot of modifications to the top mount.

9095963589_d5c772094b_b.jpg

9095963973_e02fcaa437_b.jpg

9095963181_e2e83e5513_b.jpg

6 Months after fitting AP's. Cant tighten or un-tighten as the hex has corroded so badly it has sheared as soon as i turned it. Very disappointed how they've rusted in this short time, warranty dosent cover rusting either.

Other than that, fantastic ride quality, would buy again if they sort out the rusting.

Edited by Trx 33

hello..
Dont´t you have a problem with "stabilizer" (I don´t know, how its right in english; torsion rod to chassis)? I have only lower springs with sh.-absorber, probably -80mm (maybe more) and now I cannot go lower, because the "stabilizer" now is cca 5mm from chassis/cabin.

How can you go lower without cutting to chassis?? :surprise:

Now it´s my lowering:

https://fbcdn-sphoto...095496634_n.jpg

37040_481189491952186_1974223425_n.jpg

Edited by DyDy

^That's your lowering on springs only? What springs do you use?

I know everyone here says that KW V1 are the best but how do they compare to the AP (in terms of ride, handling and comfort) which are also highly rated ?

Is there a kit that do coilovers for the rear. Although I've heard you can pop the top mounts on them with coilovers

If not

I've been looking at the FK silverlines and have heard that the rear springs on the silverlines allow you to get the rear of the lupo much lower than other set ups without taking the adjusters out

Does anyone here run silverlines or anybody know if this is the case?

Edited by hoxmeister