Definitive Coilover Thread

heartagram

No.

Don't worry too much about measurements, all coilovers will lower your car as much as you want. Don't pay much attention to how much people say their car has been lowered either, as I think most people just make it up.

No.

Don't worry too much about measurements, all coilovers will lower your car as much as you want. Don't pay much attention to how much people say their car has been lowered either, as I think most people just make it up.

Okies cheers.

Just worried about ride height when i fit my new suspension as don';t wanna end up with blown dampers again, rears had the adjuster ring removed but the fronts had a bit more adjustment available.

Assume this issue was partly down to the dampers? (fk)

Kit i have otw are the Weitec hicon which i have been lead to believe will be a little more sturdy and reliable than the fk highsport set

• 2 months later...

just read this whole thing and am more tempted to AP's now over FK's but im worried that they will not go as low. Does anyone have 1st hand experiance of this? will they both go down to the same level?? :confused:

AP's go plenty low enough. I have loads of thread left on the fronts just my tyres and arches that are stopping me.

Its the backs im worried about lol. cba taking out the adjusters.

• 5 weeks later...

Yeah pics would be very helpful actually, for those who are worried if the coilovers mentioned above wont go low enough could those who have bought one of the aforementioned lets us see them at their lowest, was wanting FK silverlines but as a few have already said im now swayed towards the AP option, states they will lower the car 95mm, is that up front or all round ? ? ?

bit of a silly question, but are all lupo coilovers the same? where the front is a full coilover but the rear is the weird lowering spring adjuster thing? :blush:

Yup.

Just put my APs on yesterday as I heard nothing but good reports about them it's an awesome quality kit I've been in a loop with TA technix and thought it was horrendous stay clear of them, and FKs all you hear of is peoples rear dampers blowing.