Emma's MK2 Arosa Sport - 'SOLD'. Replaced with Audi TT 225

Emz

• 2 weeks later...

I know :( I'll post some pics up soon of it's current state and story!

Don't worry though, i'm getting him fixed up by Greg Howell and he'll be back on the road hopefully within the next couple of months! I'm more positive now than I was!

Okay, so if some of you have seen my Facebook and wondering what the hell is going on... well here's some photos!

poorlyarosa1.jpg

poorlyarosa2.jpg

poorlyarosa3.jpg

So, couple of weeks ago I was preparing the car for UD and now i'm just sat feeling depressed reading everyone's status' about getting their cars ready for next weekend!

On a regular morning drive to work, I was driving along as normal, although slightly earlier than my usual time, going round a round about and a lovely 206 decides she wants to nip round the outside of me, next thing I know, boom she's smashed into my whole passenger side and the front of her car is in mine! We pulled over (although my arch was dragging on the tyre!) and exchanged details as you do. Obviously I was FUMING as it was completely her fault. Apparently she lost control of the car, skidded into a kerb and bounced off it and straight into me!

Quite possibly one of the worst days of my life, her car was a complete mess as well and then her Dad turned up trying to say it was a simple case of 2 cars colliding, I think not, she was obviously going too fast round the outside of me on a roundabout!

Anyways, she admitted full liability to the insurance companies BUT because of the cost to repair my beautiful baby Arosa they have written him off as a CAT D. After a few days of crying and having a case of down in the dumps I have got him home on my drive, cleaned him up and decided i'm going to get him back on the road.

As soon as the pay out arrives he will be taking a trip to Greg Howell for the repairs and alot of loving!

I know a CAT D write off means that technically the car isn't worth alot any more but it's worth a hell of alot to me so i'm not letting him go just yet! Just a waiting game now! :(

Here's how he's sat at the moment

poorlyarosa4.jpg

OMG that sucks!!!!!!!! :surprised:

I was just thinking the other week (when I saw your article in the mag) how proud you must have been!

Also, down the line if you ever sell the car (after repairing it) you have to notify potential buyers that it was a Cat D write off :(

Yep you do, that's why I wanted to make it public on here, everyone who knows me knows how well I look after my car and as it's going to Greg Howell it's going to get the best possible treatment ever, it will be fixed and back better than ever.

But I couldn't sell the Arosa anyways, when it's time for a change i'll just strip him :)

Woaw I was actually just checking out the feature when I was in work today and then I see this :(

It'll be though babe :D can always keep it as a show car if you wanted :)

Sorry to hear the bad news :(

Hope your ok, once Arosa is back up and running i think ill treat it to a full polish and wax :thumbup:

Ryan

Thanks guys!

I know, it's a huge shame and I had all these little changes ready for UD too!! :(

Ry, il be sending him straight to you for special treatment :) :)

Edited by Emz

even if it wasn't a cat D the cars worth what £2-2.5k? So youve not really dropped much value, especially if you sell the all the bits and put it back to standard you'll more then make up for the loss.

thankfully it looks like cosmetic damage, all bolt on bits so its should be straight forward getting it back up to scratch.

count yourself lucky she was insured! maybe while its in the shop you could have them drop a sneaky turbo conversion in? be silly not too right :P

• 2 weeks later...

^ Very True!

Should be receiving the pay out cheque next week, (after they originally sent one spelling my surname completely wrong!)

Once received this means the car can go to Greg Howell's and work can get started!

At the mo i'm looking for.....

Left front Wing & Arch Lining

Passenger door with electric window mechanisms

Bump strips for both sides

Crystal Clear side repeater

... oh and possibly an Arosa MK2 bumper ;)

If anyone knows of anything let me know!