Emma's MK2 Arosa Sport - 'SOLD'. Replaced with Audi TT 225

Emz

The steering wheel is looking good Emz! Love the sill trims too, have you fitted them yet?

Thanks dude :) No, not fitted yet, will probs fit them when I get a spare weekend in the new year, they'll be on by March anyways.. Got sooo much to do in the meantime :(

Edited by Emz

loving the momo.. Rich was telling me earlier about how great they are! I would get one but I'm too scared lol, I do too many miles its just not safe :(

Looking forward to the new wheels :)

What's unsafe about it? :huh:

Glad your enjoying your new purchase Em ;)

Nothing unsafe about the momo 280 wheel got one in mine and have driven a few thousand miles since. There so out the way you'd have to try really hard to hit your head off it if thats what people are thinking, also you'd have to not have a seatbelt on. Makes the steering feel so good like a go-kart. Like the car Emz look forward to seeing the new wheels :)

Edited by sheps

Yeah I meant the momo

It's only the lack of airbag that would make people think they're unsafe.

Airbags are all hype! :P

Exactly!

How many cars are still on the road that were manufactured without an airbag as standard?!

Also, if anyones ever had an airbag go off, you'll know that not only could it possibly injure you as bad as a solid steering wheel, but in a lot of cases, the blast can ruin alot of interior fittings, including seats!

Anyway, I'm just saying, I don't see it as much of a loss to be honest... and it's much more fun parking! :)

Rich what are you on about 5 wheels?! lol And I doub't they'll be on before you, they're being sent to the first guy for refurbishment next week so will see how things go from there. They will be ready by March though, just not sure when.. :P

As for airbags, I didn't have one in my old car, so it doesn't make any different to me not having one now. I don't feel unsafe and the only driving I do is around town unless i'm going to a show or working out of town. I have side airbags in both front seats and the passenger airbag in the dash so there's still plenty of airbags, more than most cars. I definately feel alot safer driving my Arosa than my old Seicento anyways!

Edited by Emz

Have you had a serious accident in the few thousand miles?

Don't plan on having a serious accident most of the cars i've owned have not had airbags fitted and i think the position i am sat due to my height means that i would really have to try hard to hit my head on the wheel maybe if i took my hand off the wheel and had no seatbelt on. But seeing as i'm a trainee driving instructor amongst other thing i don't plan on this. Like other people have said sometimes airbags can do more harm than good. Plus as a final point a 280mm wheel looks so wright in a lupo it would be wrong to deny it a place. :)

• Like 1

Saying having no airbag is perfectly safe as you've driven for thousands of miles without is silly though. It's only there for when you need it! As far as I know it's there to soften the impact, not just to stop you banging your head. Maybe, rather than 'trying really hard to hit your head on the wheel' something else might do it, like say, having a head on crash at 50mph. Sometimes they may do more harm, most of the time they don't.

I wouldn't think twice before driving a car with no airbag, but I wouldn't take one out of a car that came with one. I like the Momo's, and I've thought of getting one a few times, but I can't bring myself to lose the airbag. Not that I'm saying other people shouldn't, but you have to accept that it's a safety device, and some other people aren't happy to remove them.

And yeah, everybody plans their accidents. :rolleyes:

Edited by Philplop
  • Like 2

Saying having no airbag is perfectly safe as you've driven for thousands of miles without is silly though. It's only there for when you need it! As far as I know it's there to soften the impact, not just to stop you banging your head. Maybe, rather than 'trying really hard to hit your head on the wheel' something else might do it, like say, having a head on crash at 50mph. Sometimes they may do more harm, most of the time they don't.

I wouldn't think twice before driving a car with no airbag, but I wouldn't take one out of a car that came with one. I like the Momo's, and I've thought of getting one a few times, but I can't bring myself to lose the airbag. Not that I'm saying other people shouldn't, but you have to accept that it's a safety device, and some other people aren't happy to remove them.

And yeah, everybody plans their accidents. :rolleyes:

I agree 100% I wouldn't take an airbag out of a road car unless it was fitted with a fixed buckets and 4 point harnesses as a minimum. I've run my road cars without airbags but they were caged, and with an approved bucket and 5 point harness. Even then I'd probably be worse off in a high speed crash...

I agree 100% I wouldn't take an airbag out of a road car unless it was fitted with a fixed buckets and 4 point harnesses as a minimum. I've run my road cars without airbags but they were caged, and with an approved bucket and 5 point harness. Even then I'd probably be worse off in a high speed crash...

Even worse as nobody does harnesses up anywhere near tight enough in a road car.... Im just as bad. I know somebody who hit there head on the dash(missed the steering wheel) in a crash... That was using 3" 5 point harness, CF bucket seat etc etc.... Just left the belts slack.

If Emma wants to go without the bag... Thats upto her and fair enough, she knows the dangers.

Even worse as nobody does harnesses up anywhere near tight enough in a road car.... Im just as bad. I know somebody who hit there head on the dash(missed the steering wheel) in a crash... That was using 3" 5 point harness, CF bucket seat etc etc.... Just left the belts slack.

If Emma wants to go without the bag... Thats upto her and fair enough, she knows the dangers.

I always did mine up tight, it makes daily driving a PITA but I didn't want to risk it. 3" and wraparound CF seat here too.

You're right though; too many people have them slack because it makes driving so much easier. I'm just happy I didn't drive many miles :P

I know the risks and i'm assume everyone else with a momo or alike steering wheel do. As mentioned my old car never had any safety devices in it, little death trap on wheels.. I feel alot more safer driving the Arosa with or with out the air bag.. I hardly ever do long journeys, it's mostly town driving for me.

Edited by Emz