"Off Topic and General Chat"

Lukus 9N

The forum users are to blame for the removal, it needed to happen beacuse of too many stupid posts and arguments something you were often involved with.

Deal with it. :coffee:

Exactly, i was partially to blame... but i wanted it rid of for a long time.

Its much better, a car forum

Please, I think everyone on the forum realised it was one reason this ClubLupo forum was so loved by a great majority of the forum.

As a "car" forum I think the total hits this website will receive will diminish greatly. The social "scene" of it will vanish and the "community" spirit will dissipate altogether.

Just to let you know, ive had 750 hits on my thread for my car build since the begining of the week.

Its far from dissipating...Theres too many people who love the cars for that to happen.

Edited by CasperGTI

That community is dying. It's dead.

I think it's time for me to count my posts and leave.

Just seems a shame, I always enjoyed this forum. Was such a laugh but seems as if the Moderators and those at the top just didn't see it from that point of view.

Edit: Online and Offline communities are very different. I mean "online" community when I speak. I've been an online gamer for many years and can realise when an "online" community is dying.

Edited by Lukus 9N

As you said "its a car forum" not an internet chat room, and people abused this.

I still talk to the cool kids so im not worried about the scene and community spirit, as its still going strong. :shades:

Silver, I'm a member of many "General" forums already.

Just seems a shame, that's all. Ruined for nothing. ClubLupo won't feel anything but worst for the removal of the forum.

Well feel free to spam them.

That community is dying. It's dead.
Ruined for nothing. ClubLupo won't feel anything but worst for the removal of the forum.

Its comments like that, which prove to me you were one of the members which used this forum as nothing more than a place to spam. The "community" is a much better place for its removal. In fact, "General Chat" wasn't added till quite late in the forum's life, we had a great bunch of people before it came along, and we've still got a great one without it.

Was such a laugh but seems as if the Moderators and those at the top just didn't see it from that point of view.

Wrongo. As Jon said, it was being used as a place to abuse and intimidate other members. The mods were sick of removing posts, suspending people and having to tidy up after the 'kids' had gone home.

Apologies for posting in a closed topic...but...

Those who used the forum primarily as a Lupo resource and a chat room second have largely welcomed its removal. In fact, traffic has only dropped by about 10%, and I'd like to think that its got rid of the 10% who were causing problems in the first place. We've had less moaning, less bitching, and the atmosphere is generally a lot better.

I'd like to put it back, I really would - but some posters weren't interested in VAG cars, the club or the social aspects that came with it, and did nothing other than talk crap and antagonise other members. Its those people we wanted to discourage, and I think we've achieved that.

Just seems a shame, I always enjoyed this forum. Was such a laugh but seems as if the Moderators and those at the top just didn't see it from that point of view.

Dude, I've been involved in this forum for over 5 years, I've seen it change from a group of 5 mates meeting up to chat about cars and have a few beers, we love this club, if you think we took this decision lightly you are truly deluded.

I think it's time for me to count my posts and leave.

Good idea.

Let me show you to the door.