HD TV help

emo_gazz

so ive decided im gonna upgrade from my old 15" beast of a tv in my bedroom to a lovely 37" HD LCD tv :)

just wondered if anyone on here had the same modle or any opinions on the brand.

SHARP LC37D65E 37"

508519.jpg

specs

also, its gonna sound dumb anyway i say it but does currys own dixons? i heard someone say it once.

Edited by emo_gazz

Wouldn't worry too much about 1080P on a 37" screen TBH, you wont tell the difference.

Oh, and at that size, Plasma > LCD.

I'd recommend:

http://www.testfreaks.co.uk/tvs/panasonic-th-37px80/

After some considerable searching I bought the the equivalent model late last year (TH-37PX70 I think) with the 10th generation panel in it. It's absolutely brilliant and head and shoulders above any LCD we could buy at the time. The next best was a Pioneer ant more than twice the price. We only watch Freeview and DVD through the three coloured wires (RGB?) and the picture is excellent. It has HDMI, but I've yet to see what it's like on upscaling.

If this lastest model is at least as good, then I'd have no hesitation in buying it.

Edited by IDGM

i bought the TV today. conected it to the mains and fixed the areal too.

turned it on and like it said in the book it will go to standby. go to switch it on with the remote and nothing.

get a ting noise then goes to standby again.

anyone know why?

turned it on and like it said in the book it will go to standby. go to switch it on with the remote and nothing.

anyone know why?

batteries into the remote?

anyone know why?

Should've gone to Radio Rentals :lol: (one for the oldies).

No help was it? I'd take it back to the retailer and reject it if the sales folk can't demonstrate it working. DO NOT let them send an engineer to look at it.

Is there much difference in quality between buying a high end PC LCD monitor and a HDTV?

Holy **** dude!

I've got a 17" ASUS LCD monitor (5ms, DVI connection) & a Toshiba 30" LCD TV (6ms, HDMI connection) running at the same time.

And may I say I was severely impressed with the image quality and colour that the big HDMI TV displayed. Films looked so much more colourful and ALL my games looked CRISP.

Command & Conquerer 3 looked a million times better on the big screen. If I had it my way I would have that 30" Toshiba LCD as my primary monitor!

Edited by Niche