MK6 GTi......Hot or Not?

db

Has anyone else noticed that the picture of it from the rear looks distinctly photoshopped?

I prefer it to the MK5 as I still don't like it!

I think they have got the proportions back in line, although still not a fan of the back end! (the worst bit on the MK5)

just my opinion though :P

Personally i like it the more i see it. I've got to say though i'm seriously bored of white now, i think it looks good but you see white GTi's everywhere and it's not longer special for me. They've got some things very right with this car, the eyelids on the xenons, the steering wheel, the revised check on the seats, the exhausts, the side skirts and the fact that they've ditched the goatee beard. I think there's a lot that's different on this car, it's all very subtle though and the more you look the more you see. It gets the thumbs up from me. :shades:

There's absolutely no way there will be a v6 engine in a Golf again, VW have said it them selves they're just no eco enough. There are rumors of their being a GTi Plus (read anniversary model) with FWD and 260bhp 2.0T and a GTi-R with 300bhp (possibly the new 5cyl 2.5T found in the TT-RS) and Haldex 4WD. VW need to get close to the 300bhp mark now what with the Focus RS and they're not mad enough to leave it FWD.

It's bigger and heavier isn't it? So they evened it out with more power.

Typical Golf GTI.

I'd rather take the VW Up! The centre console is computerised so there are hardly any buttons where as you could get lost inside this Golf.

I thought the whole point of this facelift was to make the car cheaper to build because the MK5 was costing too much. Have they ditched the MK5 multilink rear end as was hinted?

A review of the 1.4 80hp in CSMA mag was very flattering.

i really like this car. first review of it i saw they were goin on about the cabriolet. anyone no if they r still planning this as it looked awesome...?? seats look beaut....