sound deadening

started my sound deadening over the weekend, im using Second Skin,

-first job was to remove the **** from the doors that tar stuff

-I had litteraly 1-2mm's of grease/grim in the bottem, was like solidified chip fat :S the stuff you'd use in your gear box. any way spent ages getting all that out the bottem, then i started with the Second skin

-There are holes in the bottem of the door i sealed up with second skin and Uni bond Extreme, this worked perfectly, i had to take the one off the hole nearest the speaker as i found a pool of water in there today, so this one will be left to drain.

DSC00636.jpg

DSC00634.jpg

DSC00629.jpg

also have done my boot, going to start cleaning left door today,

Also uprating my speakers from

Rainbow 165 SLC kick --> Rainbow CS 275 27 Power's

After doing this i will need to modify the speaker rings, am going to TRY and make some rings for them, and then seal it up with silicon and then Second skin to make a solid hold, this needs to be done as the mounting depth of the new speakers are 96mm they big Mofo'ers

also couldn't locate a god dam flappy noise till i found these vents, that were put in place for when you shoot the boot, most vags have them iv'e found can say for other cars havent worked on them .

DSC00633.jpg

and here's an amusing pic of my box :D

DSC00628.jpg

got alot of work to do so will keep you all uptodate:)

Edited by SC02 FFF

The wax in the door is to stop the bottom of the door rusting VW use that nasty stuff all over the lupo it must do the trick as my lupo is 7 years old and i havnt seen any rust yet , it normaly starts where two pannels join .

-There are holes in the bottem of the door i sealed up with second skin and Uni bond Extreme

The holes in the door are to allow water to drain out. If you block them up you could find your foot well swimming in

water as it has no where else to escape to. Water will always get in the doors that's why old cars dusted through

at the base of the door and also the reason they put wax in them.

also couldn't locate a god dam flappy noise till i found these vents, that were put in place for when you shoot the boot, most vags have them iv'e found can say for other cars havent worked on them .

The flaps are not just for the doors its also an exit for air that enters the cabin through fan system. if you totaly block them up

you fan will have a hard time working as air will have to be forced out through any little hole it can.

Even without blocking them you can hear the fan straining more when the car is shut. If you open the window a tiny bit you can hear the air escaping out and the fan sounds less strained. almost all cars will have an air vent flap. You will find some behind the rear lights some on the rear wheel arch and then some behind the bumper like the lupo.

I'm from London which makes me a poof and far too lazy to do things of the sort.

I applaud you for the effort you have gone to but I couldn't be bothered...one reason why I bought my Polo 9N was because it was the updated design. Dashboard looks **** compared to the Lupo though, that's the only thing I hate about it...other than that everything else is top notch quality especially the bass response, whatever vw done to the doors its ace.