Paradox In The Afternoon

Lukus 9N

wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impotent

but what i dont understand is how you can have an argument about something you dont believe in, dont get me wrong i'm not an avid christian, i dont follow religion at all, so i'm not going to stand up for it. it just strikes me as a ridiculous thing atheists tend to slip into.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He may be omnipotent, but may wish to leave the evil in the world.

Ever thought of that?

Maybe things are supposed to happen for a reason :lol:

Yes, it's in my original post. So you're saying that God is intentionally evil?

Boyd'up -- http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/impotent

The word is both used for describing a medical problem that males have and also lacking the power to do a certain task.

Edited by Lukus 9N

Yes, it's in my original post. So you're saying that God is intentionally evil?

In reference to your posts and in an effort to create discussion, yes.

Although I do not believe in a God, so I don't care too much for it. I believe that things happen for a reason and as a result of other people's actions, and not because we have someone upstairs pulling the strings.

God does not exist in any way shape or form.

Just you try and prove me wrong.

Religion = Manufactured to give the weak people something to believe in and an attempt at creating order in an otherwise anarchistic world.

I agree that what people do matters more than the man upstairs controlling it all. And I know that almost everyone on this forum does not believe in God because of the science world we all know nowadays.

I don't believe in the Bible, I don't believe in the "God" that the Bible believes in, but surely all of us here must believe there is "something"? Even if it's science.

In my opinion...

"Something" must have created the world. You would be crazy to think a mythical person in the sky created this universe over a scientific explanation. In the modern world you would be stupid to think that there is a God, in the ancient times though, when the Earth was flat, you can see why people believed in the Bible and God.

I prefer to see the Bible as a book to take advice from... there are some basic statements in there that you sometimes wish people would read and abide to.

In my opinion...

"Something" must have created the world. You would be crazy to think a mythical person in the sky created this universe over a scientific explanation. In the modern world you would be stupid to think that there is a God, in the ancient times though, when the Earth was flat, you can see why people believed in the Bible and God.

I prefer to see the Bible as a book to take advice from... there are some basic statements in there that you sometimes wish people would read and abide to.

nicely put sir. . .

I was born and raised without my consent to believe in god, thank god im an adult and can make my own decisions now.

Like how i find it funny that repeated chants and worshiping a devil god that isnt proven to exist is seen as bad , yet doing the same to a god that allows the evil to go on and also isnt proven to exist is seen as ok ????

Who doesnt , them and penguins are why zoos rock. Yeah the elephants and rhinos are cool but nothing beats watching monkeys just swinging about acting like kids .

And ive always wanted to steal a penguin by cuddling and making it think is in like a pack of other penguins to calm it down

My history teacher sent me out the class for being an atheist... :lol:

She asked everyone what religion we were and it went round the class.... I told her i was an atheist... she told me i wasn't.... and that I was too young to know...so I asked her what she was... she answered Church of England... I said no you're not... You're Muslim.... with this she sent me packing for being cheeky... I asked if we are all too young to know then why the hell are you asking everyone... :lol:

In our Religeous Education classes at school we were told to make the packaging for a "Religeously Informed" easter egg...

Mine was called "The Jesus Jip"

I wrote down several reasons why I don't believe in Jesus and Why God is Fake, then put a £500 price tag on the back to make it even more of a Jip.

Needless to say I never did R.E. again after that

God does not exist in any way shape or form.

Just you try and prove me wrong.

Religion = Manufactured to give the weak people something to believe in and an attempt at creating order in an otherwise anarchistic world.

I'd like to see you try and prove yourself right first...!

Some of the most intilligent people to ever live have been devote 'believers' of one religion or another, be it ancient or modern.

We MUST have came from somewhere, and somewhere along the line there is a point where something which cannot be explained has created something. If there was a big bang, which I know is practically a given, what made it happen?

Im in the god doesnt exist camp, also im a believer in luck doesnt exist.

Luck to me equals friends, the more close friends you have the more options and doors open to you, this doenst include mathematical statistics though as thats a case of buying a ticket etc .

Im talking more about those people in life that get that cheap bargain , the one who get the good job easily etc etc its mainly down to who they know and who then in turn who those people know.

Due to the fact the Universe is expanding and growing further and further apart supports the Big Bang theory. In Stephen Hawking's book the Pope talks to all the leading theoretical physicians and asks them not to delve into the "moment of creation" because that moment was "divine" or something along those lines.

The LHC hasn't been fired up yet for the first collisions, so maybe when that happens, we'll know.

Edited by Lukus 9N