Ross' Moon GTI

cafcross

Well I've been on these forums since May, but I've only just got my Lupo. It's Penry's old GTi (thanks Andrew!). For those who don't know it's got 48k, leather (soon to be heated), 6 speed box and FK Silverline coilovers. Going from a 1.2 Clio to a 1.6 is a lot of difference, even though they both handle almost the same - extremely well. Although the Lupo just egdes it. Plus the build quality is there obviously.

Here's some pics of it after it's first wash.

DSC01197.jpg

DSC01198.jpg

DSC01199.jpg

DSC01202.jpg

DSC01203.jpg

DSC01200.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

Standard tape head unit for the gay!

DSC01196.jpg

Much better.

Got a few plans but gonna keep them on the low key atm, and they all depend on money of course!

Edited by cafcross

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I made a start on making the car my own today. I have an iPod headunit and most of the time I can't be bothered to take the iPod out of my car (stupid I know!). In my Clio I fed the iPod wire into the glove box and left it in there. However there is obviously no glove box in the Lupo.

I bought a coin tray holder off Matty_GTi to keep the iPod in when I haven't got it wired up to the headunit.

DSC01205.jpg

However the holder is slightly too small lengthways for my mahoosive iPod (compared to the new Nano's anyway!).

DSC01206.jpg

Therefore some modification was required.

DSC01209.jpg

After heating up the knife I set to work on the plastic at the back of the holder to make 2 cuts.

DSC01210.jpg

Cuts done.

DSC01211.jpg

Then I got the bottom of the back cut, allowing me to remove the section.

DSC01214.jpg

Needs a bit of a tidy but that will happen soon enough.

DSC01216.jpg

Nice and snug fit!

I then had to take the original unit out, removing the cup holder. After a bit of deliberation with the tabs I had it free.

DSC01219.jpg

A minute later the now modified coin holder was in, complete with cup holder fascia to keep with the OEM look.

DSC01221.jpg

DSC01222.jpg

DSC01223.jpg

Nothing that exciting, but means I don't have to faff around with CD's!

looks great pal, i like what you have done with the ipod set up, is that the 9886r head unit?

Rich,

Cheers. It's the 9850r.

I wanted to feed the iPod wire into the back of the coin holder but there's no room to do so. The wire is really long too. I phoned up Alpine earlier to see if they make a shorter one but they don't, so just gonna have to leave it all bunched up in the cubby hole for now.

Thanks for the other comments too.

Penry - yep, going to get some at the weekend. Giving it a massive detail if the weather's alright so it's ready for the winter.

Wheels are down to two options now, especially seeing as the TH Mono's are now in stock in Rimstyle....

When I've got a chance I'm gonna try and find another coin holder and attack the plastic at the back, allowing me to get the wire in the back of it. Until then I've gotta suffer

Cheers Lauryn!

Little update today. De-wipered (stupid idea this time of year I know!) and de-badged the rear this afternoon. Just thought it'd clean the rear up a little bit.

Have to say it's a pain in the backside to get the plastic trim on the boot back on though......it still isn't on properly after about half an hour of trying! A quick pic (excuse the poor light!):

DSC01231.jpg

Btw, what's this tube/wire for? Is it important? As I had to cut through it to get the wiper motor free!

DSC01228.jpg

I have owned three clio's, 3x MK1's and 1x MK2 - On coilovers, or even just lowered they are amazingly well at handling.

My old hybrid ran a cammed williams engine, the front wider track off a williams (ARB's, wishbones and driveshafts) polyflex bushes, AVO coilovers.

My lupo is on coilovers setup by midland vw.

The clio's were better in my opinion, turned in better and felt more planted even on budget tyres. ( The lupo is on PE2's)

just my two pence, seen you on cliosport Ross. :)

Sam