Brake change!! fronts and rears! Advice please!

Right Car has just had a service (Lupo GTI) and the brakes need chaning front and rear!

I have got a fairly good price on set of Brembo pads and Discs just standard ones, £131.10

Now are there any reccomendations on disc and pad combinations or am i good to go with these?

Also going to the job myself, i have done enough of my own before on saxo'x etc, anyting i need to have special tool wise, i know the rear calipers have to be wound in but a metal plate will do that like the old saxo ones i presume!

Look forward to your advice/comments

Pete/Becca

for the fronts, it would be better if you do the 280 mm upgrade.

you will need to buy g60 carriers but these are only around £50 - £80 depending on how you soruce them.

for pads i did try ebc green pads, standard vw ones mintex extreme and found the mintex alot better.

dont bother buying ebc greenstuff's they are as bad... if not worse than standard pads, and the low dust thing is a bloody myth too!

They work fantasticly on my Polo GTI and Lupo.

They eat the discs lightly, but at £12 per disc thats not really a problem!

dont bother buying ebc greenstuff's they are as bad... if not worse than standard pads, and the low dust thing is a bloody myth too!

really,got them on my lupo gti ,with a 280mm set up ,they are superb,had them on other cars to vr6,mk2 golf 16v

no problems at all

worse than the standard pads??? :roflmao:

I went for the EBC grooved and dimpled discs and Greenstuff pads. Pretty good as far as I'm concerned. Took a good few hundred miles befroe they really started biting though.

If you're going for standard replacements there's a seller on eBay selling boxed sets of Mintex for all round for a good price.

eBay Item number: 220291338803

maybe i'm just a bit heavy on the middle pedal then because i really didnt rate the greenstuffs at all, used redstuffs on track once they were much better but do need to be used a lot to keep them up to temp, i much prefer pagid or brembo's but i'm probably just being fussy!